Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yoo Hoo!

This is my first....scrapling that is. A scrapling is the left over piece of cut cardstock. I've been told they're generally 1.25" to 2.25" in width and 5.25" high. I made mine 2.25" wide.

Edit to add: I forgot to tell you why I actually made this card. You see, this week's CCEE challenge was supposed to be a Scrapling. But since we changed the challenge on Frances for her birthday, I made a different owl card for her instead. I got buzzed by her and was told I wasn't getting by without making one....so here's my scrapling Hoots! Happy? *grin*

I received these darling "What a Hoot" (Clear Dollar Stamps) owl images from a stamping friend who I admire greatly! Her talent has no boundaries I tell ya!! She's an amazing stamper and just as sweet as she is talented. I had the honor of meeting her at CHA too. Woot! Ya'll probably already know her work, and if not, you're in for a treat. Head on over to Kim's blog: Paper in the Works.

I colored the owls with copics and paper toled them. The flourish branches are Doodle Parts (Spellbinders). The flowers were made with a Carl CarlaCraft Punch, and the buttons are from the Porcelain (Basicgrey) collection.

See that little clip thingy on the side? Love that little bugger. It's a Paper Fastener by 7-gypsies and has prongs on the inside. All ya do is squeeze it together and it grips. Way cool and sweet. You can get it at Michelle's store: Stamper's Dream

Michelle also has all the new JustRite products. Click HERE to see what's new. I'll have a project to show ya real soon. Love their new stuff!!

Hope you're having a terrific day!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh


Supplies:
Stamps - What a Hoot (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Paper - Basicgrey, Birchtone Medium, Simply Smooth (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Spellbinders, Oval Punch (Stampin' UP!), Flower Punch (Carl CarlaCraft), Buttons (Basicgrey), Paper Fastener (7-Gypsies), Copics, Twine, Dimensonal Tape, Ribbon (Martha Stewart)

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee this should keep Hoots happy!!!!! Awesome job Tosh love your owls.

Anonymous said...

Love your Scrapling!! The owls and the sentiment are FAB!! You Hoo - did you check out my first challenge -www.murdocks.typepad.com. You must have just a few paper scraps hanging around.

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word at the detail and richness on a scrapling!!!! Goodness this is fabulous, Tosh!!!! Love the owls for Frances!!!!

StampOwl said...

Yoo Hoo! is right ... yes I am very happy now that you finally made your scrapling and a wonderful one it is too hehe. Thanks!

Alex said...

oooooh, I LOVE this Tosh - the owls are adorable, and the paper ROCKS!! Way to use those scraps, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Denise Marzec said...

This owl is just THE cutest...hee, look at those big buggin' out eyes. Adorable!

Linda Carson said...

What FUN! This is too cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

For me, I was happy to see your other card as I didn't know anything about the scrapling part of the challenge....so you made it so that I was not the odd person out....lol.....however....I am sure Hootsie will be happy to see another card made by you....as we all are....and this one is a cutie

dpkennedy said...

These owls are so cute and I really love your card design!

Amy Sheffer said...

I love what you've done with these owls, Tosh!

Rose Ann said...

Your scrapling is fantastic, Tosh!! Love the owls...so cute!!

Silke Ledlow said...

UHHHH - I love this long card!!! The owls are way tooooo cute - Tosh!!! Fabulous card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs