Monday, March 2, 2009

Labled Bird Cage

It's a new month, and that means CCEE has a new Challenger. Frances (StampOwl) has come up with some wonderful challenges for us each week. This week we were to use labels. I did an emboss resist with the Porcelain Aviary images from the clear Basicgrey set, that I got from Stamper's Dream. I wish I had colored the cage a complimentary color, but I was pretty tired after returning home from a trip to Seattle, and didn't feel like starting over. Thus the cage of blues...*grin* It's colored with copics and the wires are all sparkly with Clear Ultrafine glitter.

For the labels, I stamped the Porcelain Aviary images with Versamark, and Clear embossed them. I then took my Tattered Rose (Ranger Distress Ink), and rubbed it directly on the labels giving it a colorwash, shabby look.

The lattice in between is a Martha Stewart border punch, and the butterflies are vellum colored with copics with a touch of glitter in the centers.

I made the sentiment with the 25 pt Trompe Script letters (JustRite) and the Harmony Rectangular Stamper Set. The flower button is from the Tres Jolie line of My Mind's Eye, and the organdy Ribbon is Stampin' Up!.

To see what the other girls have created with labels, click HERE. They are such a talented group of women and have come up some gorgeous creations!!


Supplies:
Stamps - Porcelain Aviary (Basicgrey), Trompe Script (JustRite) Harmony Rectangular Stampers set
Paper - Porcelain (Basicgrey), Iced Orange and Black (Prismatics), Neenah Solar White
Ink - Black Onyx (Versafine), Tattered Rose (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Labels I and Ovals (Nestabilities - Spellbinders), Border punch and butterflies (Martha Stewart), Button (My Mind's Eye), Organdy Ribbon (Stampin' UP!), Corner Rounder, Labels (Avery), glitter, Copics, Rhinestones (Kaisercraft), Clear embossing powder


Thank you so very much for stopping by!! I hope you have a fabulous week!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

11 comments:

Carolyn King said...

wow Tosh---gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Tosh! I just love those Basic Grey stamps!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is very beautiful, Tosh!! I love that bird cage and your pretty colors!!

StampOwl said...

this is fantastic Tosh you aced this challenged ... btw I like blue hehe

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers girl, you nailed this one. I didn't do the challenge as i didn't have the label sticky thingys.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh WOW, Tosh! That is SO gorgeous! I love what you have been doing with those bird cages-you are making me "need" them! :)
The butterflies and the border punch are gorgeous touches!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Tosh. I am loving those BG stamps. You sure do them justice! Just gorgeous.
Chriss Blagrave

Mothermark said...

Gorgeous Tosh! Its beautiful as all your cards are!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Tosh....this is soooo beautiful!!! The birdcage stamps are my new favorite...sooo elegant!!! Your card is gorgeous with the labels, lattice, and the awesome stamped sentiment!!!! Love every little detail on this awesome design!!!

Norine said...

so pretty love that birdcage stamp
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love the pop of blue in the cage, and that punched border between the labels is ingenious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs