Sunday, March 22, 2009

Surprise Frances!! *grin*


Each Monday, I post a card that was made for a weekly challenge that a group of eight of us do together. We've been challenging each other for almost 2 years now, and Frances (StampOwl) has even set up a blog for us to share some of our contributions. Well, the 24th is her birthday, and since she's a day ahead of most of us, one of our members thought it'd be fun to turn the tables on her. You see, she's in charge of the challenges this month and has challenged us to make a Scrapling card. Well, since some of our members like to give the old *BUZZER* when challenges are not followed correctly, we thought it'd be fun to change her challenge. We all made Owl cards instead and conveniently forgot to send her the memo stating the change. *grin* Evil little monsters aren't we?

Head on over to our blog to see what the other girls have done and to wish Frances (who we affectionately call *Hoots*) a Happy Birthday. Click HERE.

Okay... now onto the card details:
I started off creating my bg. I took a 5x5 square piece of Memoirs (Inque Boutique) dp and scored it from corner to corner. I then sewed along the score lines. Went back to my Scor-Pal and repeated the process from the other corner. I then scrunched the paper in my hand into a ball, unfolded it, and rubbed Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink) over the edges and the wrinkles. I took another strip of dp and sewed horizontal lines across it and did the same with it as the first.

The Patterned Birds and Bugs owl (Inkadinkado) was stamped with Vintage Sepia (Versafine), heated, then colored with copics. I also added a touch of glitter with my Quickie Glue Pen and Ultrafine Transparent Glitter.

The flower was made with the 5-petal Flower Punch (Stampin' UP!), a Martha Stewart Flower Punch, and a Carl CarlaCraft flower Punch. All were ink distressed with Brushed Corduroy and wrinkled up a bit. The flourishes were diecut with the Doodle Parts die (Spellbinders). The papers I used were all Prismatics: Birchtone Light and Medium and Tawny Medium.

The sentiment was stamped with Vintage Sepia (Versafine) onto leftover handmade dp from a card I posted a few days ago HERE. It was then diecut and embossed with the Curved Rectangle Nestabilitey (Spellbinders), and popped up on the Labels II (Spellbinders) piece that I cut out of the Inque Boutique dp.

The ribbon is organdy and various fibers, and the lacy border was made with a Martha Stewart border punch. The metal photo corner is by We R Memory Keepers, and the teeny tiny Chocolate Pearl is by Kaisercraft.

That about sums up the card. I hope you all have a fantastic week.
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Patterned Birds and Bugs (Inkadinkado), Inque Boutique
Paper - Memoirs (Inque Boutique), Birchtone Light and Medium and Tawny Medium (Prismatics) Simply Smooth White (Prism)
Ink - Vintage Sepia (Versafine), Brushed Corduroy and Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Labels II Nestabilities and Curved Rectangles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Doodle Parts diecuts (Spellbinders), Copics, Metal Photo Corner (We R Memory Keepers), Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine Transparent Glitter, Sewing Machine, Flower Punches - Martha Stewart, Carl CarlaCraft 5-Petal Flower (Stampin' UP!), Lacy border punch (Martha Stewart), Chocolate Pearl (Kaisercraft), dimensional tape.

17 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo adorable, Tosh...I love the owl image and your awesome layout!!! Your not an evil little monster ...just a good friend to the birthday girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This piece of work would have to be one of the most outstanding pieces I have seen for a very, very long time! I am not easily impressed and when I saw this, my jaw dropped and I am in awe.
WOW! I know you dont know me - I have never come across this site before - but I just HAD to encourage you. Wow...wow...WOW!!!

StampOwl said...

hehe ... well you know I love this card and that owl Tosh ...even if it is one I don't have yet LOL ... I am sure I will rectify that soon ;). Now don't think you are getting out of making a scrapling that easy ... I still expect to see one somewhere soon hehe ... cause they are fun!

Thanks for the wonderful surprise!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just BEAUTIFUL, girl!!!! Your detail work is FABULOUS!

Denise Marzec said...

You girls are funny, changing the challenge. What a great card for Frances' birthday!! The details are awesome...but your details always are. She'll love it.

...although I see she's still holding out for the scrapling card and isn't letting you slide that easy. Hee!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Tosh you have out done yourself, this is gorgeous. Frances doesn't have that owl, can you believe that!!! Was fun surprising Frances.

Unknown said...

Just when I think you can't get ANY MORE creative you come up with a beauty like this! There is AWESOMEness...in every single detail. You guys are a hoot (pun intended)! Gotta go see what Hoots has to say about all this.

Michelle Woerner said...

Tosh! This is just stunning! I love the color palette you chose, the images all the punches and diecuts fit just beautifully together. Perfection!! Hugs,

dpkennedy said...

Phenominal! That sewing is awesome! I love that owl too...what a gorgeous card!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, you girls are a HOOT, pun intended. She'll love this ...and even being veto'ed on the challenge :)

Linda Carson said...

Lovely w/perfect details!

Rose Ann said...

Your owl card is gorgeous, Tosh!! I love all of your fantastic details!! (I'm sure Frances forgave you when she saw this beauty!! *wink*)

Joanne (jojot) said...

This card is soooooo YOU....and Hootsie will love it for that reason....plus she'll love the owl....

Norine said...

love this card the owl the flower everything
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Fab card and what a fun surprise!!! Love it!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful! WOWZERS! The coloring of the owl is spectacular!!!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful work of art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs