Thursday, March 19, 2009

CASEing Cindy for Stamper's Dream

The Stamper's Dream Design Team is CASEing one another this week for our monthly challenge. Each member was assigned another member to CASE. I was assigned Cindy Motherway (Mothermark on SCS). And here is my story...

1. How in the world is someone supposed to CASE the queen of creativity and out of the box thinking?
2. Black/White Polka dots? Me? Really now. Have you ever seen me make a card with black/white polka dots?
3. Creative writing is so not my strong point. I'm a straight to the point with the facts kinda girl...so writing a story? PAHLEASE!!
4. Teapots? Nope...it's coffee all the way for me.
5. Intimidated? Yep...that's me!!
6. Thanks Cindy, my friend, for the inspiration!! You're the BOMB!!

So, here goes: HERE is the card of hers that I cased.
I changed the colors, the image and the corners. I loved the way she centered the hummingbird in the scalloped circles, so of course I had to keep that the same. Didn't fold my scallops over though. That's all Cindy and her wonderfully creative idea.

I also had so much fun making my own dp on the last card, that I wanted to try it again with a different color and image. For the dp on this card, I just rubbed Milled Lavender and Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink) onto Simply Smooth White (Prism) cardstock. I then stamped the Filigree (Impression Obsession) image onto the paper with the Milled Lavender again.

The owl from the Patterned Birds and Bugs Set (Inkadinkado) was stamped with Tuxedo Black (Memento), onto Natural White (Neenah) cardstock and was colored with copics. I colored the dots on the wing with a Sakura Stardust pen to give them just a hint of sparkle.

The corners were made with a Martha Stewart border punch, and the embossed background was made with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

We'd love to have you participate also and win some blog candy. All you have to do, is CASE (which means use one of our cards as inspiration and change at least two things about the card) a Design Team member's card and post a link to Michelle's blog: Stamper's Dream. Include the link of the card you CASEd too please. If you upload your card to a gallery, please use the key words SDDC6.

To see what the other designers have done for this challenge, click on the following names: Michelle, Charmaine, Cindy, Denise, Kim, and Laurie


Supplies:
Stamps - Patterned Birds and Bugs Set, Filigree
Paper - Simply Smooth, Wizard Dark, Vanilla Cream, (Prismatics) Neenah Natural White
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Milled Lavender and Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Circle Nestablities (Spellbinders), Martha Stewart border punch, Sakura Stardust Pen, Copics

22 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG...I LOVED your story! ROTF! And I love your card, too! Let me tell ya, you're da bomb when it comes to creating anything, my friend! The background paper you created for this is over the top!!! Awesome card, awesome case! :-)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous card, Tosh! What a great CASE!

Mothermark said...

Darn it! Tosh! I just knew you were gonna do me better than I can do me! I was thinking Thursday is the day when I will learn how to do me better after looking at Tosh's amazing cards!

Your card is amazing, your coloring is so awesome and you cracked me up with your story! Thought you said you could not tell a good story? Liar, Liar Pants on Fire!

Thanks for doing me better than me!! Giggle

Kimberly Crawford said...

You crack me up!!! LOL!! Your card is STUNNING! All the layering just makes me want to keep looking and looking! Its amazing!!!! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful case - Tosh!!!

Amber said...

your card is very pretty love the colors on it

Denise Marzec said...

LOL, I loooooved your "Cindy story"....crack me up! Awesome card!!...I just got this MS doily punch (I know, WHAT was I waiting for??) yesterday and I'm SOOOO going to use it on the corners like you did. That looks FANTASTIC!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is wonderful! Great CASE!

Joanne (jojot) said...

never mind the polka dots....where on your card is the acrylic box portion of the creation??? ....LOL.....

Love what you did do.....what a warn, gorgeous card....and that owl is fabulous.....a real stylin' hooter...tfs, gf

Rose Ann said...

Your owl card is gorgeous, Tosh!! Fabulous CASE of Cindy's card!!

StampOwl said...

It's an owl I don't have you tease!!!!!!!! This is fantastic Tosh I love love love your card ... esp those lace doily corners ... oh and that owl too hehe

Amy Sheffer said...

You are too cute, Tosh! Love everything about this wonderful CASE!

Linda Carson said...

PERFECT Tosh! Looks PERFECT!

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Tosh, I really LOVE that owl and the colors are fabulous!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Libby Hickson said...

Love this owl - what a cute card!

Jane Wetzel said...

really nice job!! love this...

smallcity said...

Love your card, the colors are beautiful!!!


smallcity

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee awesome job.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love love love this case Tosh!! Beautiful!! Love those corners and the owl is darling!! Loved your story too!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is wonderful! Love the lace circle...and that awesome owl!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, you have absolutely NO reason to be intimidated girl.... you are a wonderful creative force all your own! A beautiful job!

Carolyn King said...

AWESOME CARD...you did a fantastic job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs