Tuesday, March 17, 2009

House warming gift

Friends of ours had a House Warming party this past weekend, and I needed a *warming* gift. Of course, when I think homey, I think of candles. Most days I'll have at least 3 candles burning. I love the warm, cozy feel they bring to a home.

Well, Yankee Candle did most of the work for me on this project. Their box was already decorated with these warm colors. So I just added the band, medallion, and scalloped card to the top.

For the Medallion, I used the Harmony Classic Circle Stamper II Emsemble (JustRite).



For the Card Topper, I used my Harmony Rectangular Set with the Curlz and Brayton Fonts.



For all the shapes...well, that's where my Nestabilities and Cuttlebug come in handy. Rarely do I make a project without using one or both of them. I also used a hole punch for the scallops and the Horizontal Slot Punch (Stampin' Up!) for the ribbon. The band was made with a Martha Stewart border punch.

Supplies:
Stamps - Harmony Classic Circle Stamper II Emsemble, Harmony Classic Circle Stamper II Emsemble, Curlz and Brayton Fonts (JustRite)
Paper - Crabapple Dark, Sunflower Dark, Herbal Garden Light and Dark
Ink - Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Aged Mahogany (Ranger Distress Ink), Pesto (Adirondack Dye Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Brad (Heidi Swapp), Twill Ribbon (May Arts), Decorative Ribbon (?), hole punch and dimensional Tape
(Prismatics), Neenah Natural White

Hope your week is off to a great start.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

17 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a lucky family to receive such a warm and welcoming gift from you....and it is GORGEOUS too

Anonymous said...

Can you say ADDICTED TO JUSTRITE FONT!!! Love you house warming gift!! You Rock!!

Mothermark said...

This is amazing Tosh! I really like that set of JustRite Stampers...Its so beautifully done! Yankee candles rock and its so cool how the packaging just coordinates so well with your tags. What a fun gift, they ar gonna love you! This is awesome!

Jane Wetzel said...

gorgeous...wish I was moving in the neighborhood!

Denise Marzec said...

Yankee Candle Rocks!!.....and so does your decorated box. AWESOME!

StampOwl said...

I love what you did with the packaging Tosh wow! You do some wonderful things with those JustRite Stamps

~Lori Roop said...

Fabulous gift and box!! WOW! ~Lori R

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Tosh - I bet they loved it!!! Fabulous gift! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

dpkennedy said...

Wonderful personalization of this! What a pretty box to inspire you! Who wouldn't love this gift!

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome idea!!! Your box is rockin'!!! I swear you always have the most fab colors going on!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

warm, rich, classy....will be totally appreciated by the recipient....especially cuz besides the candle, this handmade creation reflects your warm and loving he'art'

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful gift box, Tosh...I love the gorgeous colors and all the little extras you added. Your friends will absolutely love this!!!

Rose Ann said...

It's a lovely house warming gift, Tosh! Your tags look beautiful, and I love your ribbon choice!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Just beautiful Tosh! I LOVE Yankee Candle. We visit the factory in MA at least 6 times a year. Talk about a heavenly sensory experience!! :D

Anonymous said...

so pretty, love how you have dressed this up!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, you made the box look just FABULOUS! And so personal. What a nice gift Tosh!

Anonymous said...

Very nice job enhancing the already nice container. The colors you chose blend perfectly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs