Sunday, March 29, 2009

Alota Supplies

Can you believe it's the last few days of March? Well, this is the last of the challenges that Frances has provided for us this month. Thanks Frances!! Thank you too for being such a good sport when we changed up last weeks challenge...*grin*

For this week, we were all sent a variety of images from Alota Rubber Stamps. Thanks Helene.

I chose to use this sweet little egg image called Egg with Flowers (Alota Rubber Stamps). The card is pretty straight forward, so I won't go into many details. I will tell you how to make the corners though. All I did was take one of the smaller Square Nestabilities, placed it in the center of a larger Scalloped Square Nestability, and ran it through my cuttlebug together. I then cut the square in half. Easy as pie.

One more hint....when adding glitter to an image, run an *embossing buddy*...(that's the Stampin' Up! name, I don't know what else it's called. All I know is that it eliminates static cling)...anyway, run it over the image, then add your glue and glitter. The glitter will only cling to the glue and not the paper.

Too see what the other girls have come up with with their Alota Rubber Stamps, click HERE.

Supplies:
Stamps - Egg with Flowers (Alota)
Paper - DCWV, Iced Kiwi, Nautical Blue Light, Simply Smooth (Prism)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories - Copics, Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Piercing Tool, Dew Drops, Certainly Celery Grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Quickie Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!), Dimensional Tape

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So soft and pretty Tosh, I do love those corners. I love your paper, Frances and I both have it too. Guess we all have good taste. Hee hee have a great week!!!

StampOwl said...

this is such an adorable card Tosh ... love your corners and punching too. Great tip about the glitter

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOODNESS, this is so pretty!!....the dainty DP patterns, the circles in the layout, and GREAT idea to use nesties to make photo corners. That looks COOL!!

Gabriela said...

Ingenious way to create scalloped photo corners! I adore your DP with the teeny tiny flowers and your three egg images are precious as is the lattice work.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! Can I be you when I grow up? I LOVE how you put layers and colors together-its SO classy and elegant and I want to stare at your cards for hours!!!!
Hope you had a good weekend! ((((HUGS)))

Alex said...

This is totally cute Tosh!! Love the corners, the punching, the fun papers, everything - just really adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Silke Ledlow said...

What a beauty - Tosh!!! Love the cute little image and your soft colors!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the corner tip. You picture is adorable! (Has always)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs