Monday, June 29, 2015

The smallest things...


Hello friends!  I had some fun stepping out of my box a bit for today's card.  I really appreciate the beauty of Calligraphy.  And, when you combine it with a quote that is really touching, as this one is by Quietfire Designs, I believe it's a perfect match. 

I'm not one who gravitates towards an expensive gift or accessories with name brands.  Shoot, the only name brands I know are what I glean from television shows.  So, when I saw this quote, it "spoke" to me.

I'm more about "time".  Time spent with a friend or loved one.  Time spent with God.  Time spent with a good book, or even time spent in nature.  Living in a fast paced environment (California is well known for that. ;), I've learned "over time", that time is one of the most precious gifts.  What I wouldn't give for more time with my mom, who passed away over 20 years ago.  I also treasure my time with my kids (who both live about 2000 miles away).

So, when I saw this beautifully written quote by Suzanne,  (Sometimes, said Pooh) I just had to have it.  Because I so treasure the little things; a phone call from my kids, feeding my calf, playing with our dog, working with our horses, talking with my husband after a long day, spending time with friends.  Oh, and of course I have to mention the precious time I get to create with paper, ink and stamps.

Well, it's time get to how I made my card.  I am a huge admirer of designers who work with stencils and mixed media tools, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I've used stencils, pastes, gelatos, etc., but I'm not very comfortable with it, and it's a struggle to make something I'm happy with.  But I thought it would be fun to put this sentiment with a stenciled heart.  So, I used the Hearts Primitive die by Sizzix to make a stencil for my heart, and sponged some Pink Petunia (VersaMagic) ink into the negative heart space.  I then took the diecut heart, laid it over the inked up heart and proceeded to add some stencil patterns with a variety of inks.  Lastly, I wanted my heart to look like it's glowing a bit, so I brushed some Whisper White (SU!) pigmented ink away from the heart and added the perfect Quietfire Sentiment "Sometimes, said Pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts." A.A. Milne

Oh, and I added a keyhole at the top just because I thought it fit and looked right.  :)

That about sums it all up.
Thanks so much for dropping by.
I will have another Quietfire creation to share with you tomorrow, so I hope you'll stop in.

    Happy Stamping!


_______________________________________________________________

StampsSometimes, Said Pooh (Quietfire)
Paper:  Kraft and Black (PTI)
Ink:  Pink Petunia, Wheat (VersaMagic), Whisper White (SU!), Black Onyx (Versafine)
Accessories:  Hearts Primitive die (Sizzix), Treads and Bubbles Stencils (Tim Holtz), Postage Stencil (Fab Stencils), Keyhole (Tim Holtz), Distrezz-it-All (Zutter) 

2 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! And your card is amazing, as always! Loving your design, and that fabulous Quietfire stamp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs