Monday, June 8, 2015

Power Poppy June Release Hop


I can't believe it's finally here!!  Power Poppy is now "in the house" people!!  All the gorgeous Power Poppy sets, that we've been previewing the past few days, are now available for purchase.  

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/


I saved my favorite for last.  I LOVE poppies, and being from California, each Spring we are treated to quite a show of the California Poppies mixed in with Mustard, or Fiddleneck (both weeds from what I've learned, but they're pretty when all bunched on a hillside.  And also you'll see an abundance of Purple Lupine.  I never get tired of it. (If you Google California Poppy Fields, you'll see what I mean.  There's nothing like it.)

And in the summer, the ornamental Poppies can be seen in many a landscape.  We are definitely spoiled here.

I colored my Poppies using the pink family today.  That is so out of my box.  I rarely use pink.  The closest I usually get is Salmon or maybe a soft pink.  But a bold hot pink?  NEVAH!!  Until today that is.  I even wore a hot pink top to church today.  I'm almost scaring myself.  :)  Anyway, I used the new Poppies set, colored it with Copics, fussy-cut it all out and laid it around an Ornate Oval Frame (Xcut).  I used some Shabby White Embossing Enamel to coat the frame (it's white with gold sparkles...hard to see in photos, but brilliant irl), and added a few Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh).  For the base, I used some Prima Decorative Paper and laid it over some torn Corrugated Cardboard that I added a bit of Gesso too.  Lastly, I attached it to a canvas background in a shadowbox frame that I painted with Chalk Paint and Distressed.

Below, you can see it outside of the frame.  The details are a bit more visible.  

I made this for my Cousin (who is more like a sister).  Her youngest is getting married this coming weekend on the other side of the US, and I'm unable to attend because my In-laws are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary this week also.  60 years...I can hardly imagine.   I wanted her to know how precious she is to me, even though I won't be there.  So a lot of "heart" went into this project.  :)





If you haven't already, check out the projects the rest of the Bloom Brigaders have to share.


Copics:  RV29, RV25, RV23, RV10, G28, G24, G20, YG21, YG95, W7, W5, W3

Well, that's it for me.  I hope you've enjoyed all the peeks I've shared the last few days.  Some very CAS, and others full of detail.  Thank you so much for visiting, and for your kind comments.  Both are very much appreciated.

    Happy Stamping my friends!!

_________________________________________________________

StampsPoppies (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Nature Garden (Prima), Corrugated cardboard (Canvas Corp)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark, Pumice Stone and Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  A5 Ornate Frame Oval (Docrafts Xcut)
Accessories:  Copics, Shabby White Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), Gesso, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Butterfly (littlescrapshop.etsy), Shadowbox Frame (Michaels), Chalk Paint (Annie Sloan)

10 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

CherylQuilts said...

Tosh, you can see this was a labor of love...the details are amazing and stunningly beautiful! And, wow, hot pink for Tosh...hehe! Make a note of that...and wearing a hot-pink to top church? Just love it! I can only imagine the beauty of California with these beautiful flowers and the amazing color! This beautiful gift will be cherished, and what a blessing to celebrate 60 years of marriage! Thank you for sharing this exquisite piece of art and your gifts with us! Hugs!

Kris B said...

Stunning! Such pretty poppies! The frame looks wonderful!

Kathy Jones said...

*THUD* OH.MY.GOSH. Tosh this is so amazing I don't even know where to start!!! Your gorgeous vintage style truly shines in this frame, all the details are perfect and what a way to showcase this Poppy set!!! Not to mention all that fussy cutting!! I'm sure your cousin will love and treasure it always!!! (ps. your comments about pink made me laugh, even if it isn't 'usual' for you - you still nailed it!)

ChristineCreations said...

OH MY WOW! I am blown away Tosh...this is amazing and so beautiful! She will completely LOVE this, what a beautiful piece of art, creativity and elegance!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous gift that I am sure she will LOVE. The oval frames are awesome as is your poppies. Fantastic Tosh! And 60 years... Woot woot.. That is something to celebrate, congrats to them! We will all get there one day. hee hee Heard your lunch was good with Nat and Pat. When I get down there.... I am telling you what! ;-)

Leslie Miller said...

Just WOW! Wow!

Lisa K said...

Gorgeous! This is a beautiful wedding card.

JoAnn said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I am sure they will appreciate all the love you put into making this beauty.

Conniecrafter said...

It is just Beautiful and I am sure she is going to love this and appreciate all the love you put into it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs