It's all about the "Masculine" feel today. Marcy has created a fantastic set, called Move the Soul, that will appeal to the young men, or the "young-men-at-heart". I colored the super cool biker with Copics, and matted it with a "tire" shape I created using three different Circle Dies.
Did you notice the "grunge" around the border? That was made using two stamps from this set also. A tire tread and what I call an "oil spill".
Here's a close up of the "tire" matting and the grunge border.
I've included a quick photo tutorial of how I made the "tire" using a "Stitched" Circle die (instead of the "Hole Punch" Circle die I used on my card). I just received the Stitched Circle Frame (Die-namics) in the mail today and had already finished my card. My first one used a Hole Punched Circle die from Little B.
1. Diecut using the largest Classic Scallop Circle die (Spellbinders)
2. Line up a Circle die that will cut off just the tip of the scallops. (Spellbinders Classic Circle works too, but the die is thick and you can't see the edge of the scallop when diecutting. The Little B Circle die is thin so you can get an exact cut.)
3. Take your Stitched Circle Frame (Die-Namics), or the Hole Punch Circle Frame (Little B) and place your "tire" inside it to emboss a frame.
4. Here's what it looks like when placed inside the Stitched Circle Frame.
5. Turn it over and place it on an Embossing Mat. You want the impression of the stitches or holes. You don't want them to be diecut.
6. Run the die through your diecut machine, and voila!! You get a "textured tire" frame.
Whew...that's it for this long post y'all. Now, you'll want to head on over to the rest of the Bloom Brigade blogs if you haven't already. They're always quite the inspiration!
Copics: B39, B37, B34, C10, C8, C6, C4, C2, C0, E53, E51, E50
Thanks for visiting!!
Stamps: Move the Soul (Power Poppy)
Paper: Attitude (Kaisercraft), American Vintage (7Gypsies), Black and Kraft (PTI), X-Press It
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Onyx Black (Versafine), Tumbled Glass and Black Soot (Ranger Distress)
Dies: Classic Circle, Scalloped Classic Circle (Spellbinders), Stitched Circle Frame (Die-namics), Hole Punch Circle (Little B
Accessories: Copics, Vintage Trinkets (Prima), Mini-Staples (Tim Holtz)