Friday, June 19, 2015

Garden Fireworks ~ Power Poppy



http://powerpoppy.com/products/garden-fireworks
Hello crafty friends!!  I have a Power Poppy card to share with you today using the newest released digital image called Garden Fireworks.  Did you get an opportunity to see what the Instant Gardeners shared on the 15th?  Oh my goodness...what creative beauty.  And Marcy always paints such a beautiful picture with her words.  She guides you right through her creative process.  It's always a treat to read about how her images came to life.  

Now, for my card, I think I must have channeled Cheryl's card because after I finished coloring mine, I felt like I had seen it before.  So I looked at all the Instant Gardeners again, and low and behold, I used a very similar color palette as Cheryl did.  I had fallen in love with her card the instant I had seen it earlier this week, and it must have stuck in my brain.  Thanks for the inspiration Cheryl. :)

Now, about my card. 

I started by using my magic eraser in Photoshop and left only the flowers along the left side of the image.  I tried to incorporate the sentiment with them, but was struggling with adding it and not having it blur.  I am very tech challenged.  So, I just resized the sentiment and added it as a tag.  I also added some white dots to the Allium centers with a White Sharpie pen.




If you haven't already, check out what the rest of the Bloom Brigaders have to share today:

Copics:  Poppies: R29, R27, R24, R22 Allium: BG49, BG15, BG13, BG11 Catnip:  V17, V15, V01 Leaves: YG09, YG06, YG01, G00 Pointillism: E55, E43, E41, E40

Thanks for dropping by!  
   Happy Stamping!
______________________________________________________________________

StampsGarden Fireworks-digital (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Penny Emporium (BoBunny)
Ink:  Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  A2 Divine Eloquence, Labels 28, and Square Petal Top Box tag (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Burlap String, Button (PTI), White Sharpie Paint Pen, Sewing Machine

9 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, your card is gorgeous! And I love the beautiful die you've used again the darker patterned paperp with stitching...a lovely vintage/rustic feel. And wow, do I love your coloring and how you've used pointillism around to soften! Stunning card, my friend, and while you do have blue allium as I do, I love the poppy color you've used! I love how you've added this wonderful Scripture verse as a tag with the button and twine. I love it all, and thanks for feeling like you channeled me...Hugs!!

Julie Koerber said...

This is a WOW card if I ever saw one! Not only do I love the colors you chose for this beauty but your stippled shading it to die for! You've also accessorized this one to perfection!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Hey, stranger!!! You are still rockin' it, girl!!! Just thought I'd stop by and say hey! Still drooling over everything you make....your designs are so creative and this one, yowza, the coloring is awesome and I TOTALLY LOVE the pointilism!!! HUGS!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oy this is gorgeous Tosh...the colouring is just beautiful and I love that grey background to make the pops of colour shine.

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

just fabulous

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, Tosh! This is amazing! I LOVE what you did with this image! The verse looks great on the tag and the colors are beautiful. I loved Cheryl's card, too!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring, I do love the shading around it and pretty framing!

Pet73 said...

This card is amazing! So very beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

SWOOOOON!!! LOVE THIS Tosha!!!! Gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs