Friday, June 26, 2015

Penciled Poppies ~ Power Poppy


Hello everyone!!  Are you enjoying the summer?  It's crazy hot here this week (106 degrees today), but at least it's dry.  If you're in the shade it's comfortable.  No humidity.  But boy, what I wouldn't do for a low 80's upper 70's kind of day.  


http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2015/06/power-spark-can-you-pencil-me-in.html
Enough about the weather, I'm sure you're here for some Power Poppy inspiration since it's Friday.  Well, Christine challenged us earlier this month (Power & Spark Challenge) to use pencils.  So, being inspired by the ever creative and talented Dina Kowal (and enabled I might add), I used Luminance Lightfast pencils on some Canson Pastel paper.  I stamped the Poppies image with Onyx Black Versafine and embossed it with Black embossing powder. Then I just colored it with the pencils and diecut it with a Classic Oval die (Spellbinders).  I inked the edges with Whisper White pigment ink (SU!), and using the Classic Oval die as a guide, I added some faux stitching with a 0.1 Copic Multiliner.  Sewing around an oval is challenging, and I wasn't in the mood to go slow.    I also diecut the frame and sanded the edges for some distressing, and added some metal dots along with Crystals (Prima), and a seam binding bow.

That sums up my project for today.  Be sure to drop by the following Bloom Brigade Blogs for some more inspiration:
Thanks for dropping by!  I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

   Happy Stamping!
__________________________________________________________

Stamps Poppies (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Home Sweet Home Patterns and Solids (Graphic 45), Black (PTI), Pastel (Canson)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Whisper White (SU!)
Dies:  Classic and Elegant Ovals (Spellbinders), Madison Square New York Collection (Sue Wilson ~ Creative Expressions),
Accessories:  Luminance Permanent Pencils, Seam Binding Ribbon, Say it with Crystals (Prima), Metal Dots (Walmart) 

7 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Oh WOW Tosh!!! This has rustic/vintage perfection stamped all over it!! Looooove how you've coloured this and the black really makes it pop!! Stunning as always!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosha, this is so dramatic and rich and gorgeous! Wow! I love the colors and beautiful layout! And wow, does it all come together so beautifully! I really love the idea of using the fine multiliner pen to make a faux-stitched border...really love that with the white edging! Stunning card, my friend! And I sure hope it cools down for you all! That's really HOT!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card today!! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

OH Wow, what a beauty Tosh! I love how amazing these poppies look on the dark background, such great pencil work :) We’re really warm here too - for us to be in the 90’s for an extended time - it’s feeling pretty hot too!

Pauline said...

Tosh, this is amazing! Love the effect of the embossed poppies on the dark background, really makes them pop! Fabulous layout, love the dies you used and the ribbon and metal dot finish this off nicely. Great faux stitching - great job!

Earline said...

Love your work this is a lovely card

Conniecrafter said...

cool color combo, very dramatic!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Rich... gorgeous... and totally awesome Tosh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs