Friday, May 13, 2011

Wish Big

Hello everyone!! It's the weekend, and I'm so excited. A lot's happening around here right now, so we're ultra busy. My son arrives home from college tonight just in time for my daughter's graduation tomorrow! Woo-Hoo!!

Have you checked out the Viva la Verve sketches over in the Verve Forum on Splitcoaststampers? I tell you, those gals have come up with some fabulous designs. I used last week's sketch, designed by Maureen, for this card. (yes, I know I'm a week late....I've had this card done for awhile, just haven't gotten around to uploading it.) Amy has a fantastic one for this week too, so be sure to check them out HERE.

Before I get into all the detail of my card, I have to mention how much I've loved seeing embossing folders used on dp with a bit of sanding. I was inspired by Julee's card HERE to give it a try. Isn't it just gorgeous!?!?!?!

Anyway, I used only two stamped images for my card: The sentiment from the set Birthday Phrases (Verve), and I used the Sweet Scallop Tag (Verve) image. I also used the Sweet Scallop Tag, Charming Oval and Flutterby dies (Verve), as well as the Big Scallop Circle (Spellbinders).

The dp is from the Gabrielle Collection (BoBunny), and I used a Sizzix Embossing folder as well as a EK Success Border punch. Here's a close up of the collage of elements.

That's it for today ya'll.
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!!



Stamps: Birthday Phrases, Sweet Scallop Tag (Verve)
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Gabrielle Collection (Bo Bunny), Corrugated
Ink: Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Accessories: Sweet Scallop Tag, Charming Ovaland Flutterby Die (Verve), Big Scallop die (Spellbinders), Border Punch (EK Success), Button (PTI), Butterfly Picks (Webster's Pages), Seam Binding Ribbon, Twine (PinkPaislee), Pearls (Kaisercraft), Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Distrezz-it-All (Zutter), Sewing Machine

11 comments:

Keva said...

Oh, I adore this card! I love all of the textures. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. Take loads of pictures! :)

Maureen said...

gorgeous!!Oh, I love that fabulous border punch and yummy little corrugated butterfly!! Thanks so much for making my sketch sing :) hugs!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this!! Love the colors & all the sweet elements & textures :) Congratulations to the Graduate - have a great time!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous color combo and I"m loving the butterfly! I must remember that DP embossing with sanding - looks fabulous. ENJOY celebrating your daughter's grad - so good to hear your son made in home so he can join in the festivities. Great proud mommy moment ((9hugs)))

Jackie Pedro said...

Jaw dropping, Tosh!! Congrats to your daughter!!

Conniecrafter said...

That embossing does look great on the dp, cool shape in the tag and like your pins too.
Enjoy having your kids together and celebrating

Lori Craig said...

Beautiful, as always...My favoritist color combo EVER! Hugs, Tosh!

Clare said...

Just gorgeous!! fabulous texture and colors!

Beate said...

Wow, Wow, WOW! Simple gorgeous! You rock!
Hugs and smiles

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Tosh, you have a superb knack for bringing so many elements together for a collage effect in a BEAUTIFUL way! I tried not to drool too much on this beauty. :-) Congrats to the graduate, and I'm glad your son got to come home for it, too!

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautiful collage card....as Bertie said above...you have that special touch...the artistry to bring all these elements together so beautifully

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs