Thursday, May 26, 2011

Have a Rootin' Tootin' Time


Woo-Hoo!! It's Thursday, and time for another CCEE Stamper's Challenge. This week Shirley challenged us to make a Western themed card. I was all over that since I recently received the Waltzingmouse sets Back in the Saddle and Way Out West. These sets are packed full of fantastic images for any age or gender. And the sentiments....perfect fonts with a fabulous variety!!

For this card, I started by making my background by sponging Ranger Distress Inks in this order: Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Scattered Straw. I then stamped the images. First, the subtle mountain bg with Aspen Mist VersaMagic, then the Cactus Scene and sentiment with Onyx Black Versafine.

For the frame, I used the Wood Grain image from the Way Out West set. I inked it up with three VersaMagic colors in this order: Gingerbread, Jumbo Java then Midnight black (Cover whole image with Gingerbread, then add other two colors in random spots.) I then sponged Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Inks) over the entire frame.

Lastly, I added some twine and Ancient Elegance brads (Imaginisce).

That about sums it all up.
Be sure to check out the Western cards the other gals have come up with over at the CCEE Stamper's Blog.

Thanks so much for dropping by. I appreciate the visits and the sweet encouragement.
Happy Stampin' my friends!!




Stamps: Back in the Saddle and Way Out West (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Black and Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Scattered Straw, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress), Aspen Mist, Gingerbread, Jumbo Java, Midnight Black (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Twine, Brads (Ancient Elegance -Imaginisce)

14 comments:

Luanne said...

So different for you Tosh, but I LOVE it! Just a totally fun card, TFS!

Keva said...

Oh wow! This is so awesome! You did a fabulous job on this.

Tanya said...

Wow, this is fantastic!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well.....you can truly take any challenge we throw at ya and make it rich, warm, and regal....even this western creation....so beautifully done

Marisa said...

No shabby or vintage here today! Love the change up. Great frame and image.

Yvonne Hagane said...

WOW! Awesome card, Tosh! Love that wood frame!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

It's rootin-tootin' AWESOME, Tosh!! Great scene work (thanks for explaining in detail) and I love how you used the twine around the brads and finished it off in the corner. What do you use to adhere your multi-looped twine behind the brad? Does it cause it to stick out much further than the others? This is so cool!

StampOwl said...

this is stunning tosh!!!!!!

Gabriela said...

Tosh - your little Rootin-Tootin card just knocked my socks off. Fantastic use of the wood grain stamp and various inks. The card construction is just perfect and that twine -- well that twine just ran away with my heart.

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic, that framing looks like real wood and like the string around it to frame it too!

Betty said...

Love that frame Tosh. Very nice card.

Rose Ann said...

I love that western scene, Tosh...and your sky looks amazing!! I also totally LOVE your "wood" frame!! Wow!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your western card Tosh! what a great frame and wonderful sky!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this card and a totally awesome stamp set. Love the brads on the frame. It was really cool that I got to see this one in real life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs