Saturday, May 21, 2011

Waltzingmouse turns 2!!

Waltzingmouse is 2 years old!! Can you believe it!?!? And I'm so thrilled and honored to be a part of Claire's design team. Not only are her stamp and template designs gorgeous, fun, and creative, but Claire is the absolute SWEETEST!!

In celebration, I decided to make the teacup and saucer with a matching card. It was so fun to make. For the card, I started off using the WMSC #48 found HERE. I just stamped one of the smaller doily images, from the Dainty Doilies Large set, with Versamark, and embossed them with white ep. I used one of the banner images from the Bitty Banners set to frame my sentiment, from the set Teeny Trees, which I stamped with Smokey Shadow Versafine. The edges were ink distressed with Antique Linen Ranger Distress ink, and I made added a border with Pale gold Krylon ink. I topped it off with an EK Success Border Punch, a PTI button, some Seam Binding Ribbon, Embroidery Thread, and some Kaisercraft Pearls.

I printed out the Nice Cup of Tea template onto Vintage Cream (PTI) cardstock, and inked up all the edges with Antique Linen Ranger Distress Ink. Then I stamped the gorgeous flourish, from the set Join Us, with Versamark and White ep, all around the cup and saucer edges. I added a rim with Pale Gold Krylon ink also.

I made a doily for under the cup by stamping doilies from the Dainty Doilies Large set with Versamark onto Vellum, embossing with White ep, and diecutting with the largest Big Scallop Circle Die by Spellbinders. I love how it turned out. (If you click on the photos, you will be able to see the details more clearly.)

The little teabag tag was created by stamping this sweet little image, from the set Afternoon Tea, with Smokey Shadow Versafine. I also added a sweet little Zva Creative Rhinestone Flower to the tag.


See the little bag inside? I just sewed some organza fabric together, put a little Starbucks vanilla scone inside (what's tea without a scone, right?), and tied it with some silver cording.


That's it for my project today. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it. Be sure to stop my Claire's Blog Waltzingmouse Makes, and wish Waltzingmouse a Happy Birthday!!

Happy Stamping!!




Stamps: Afternoon Tea, Dainty Doilies Large, Bitty Banners, Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Vellum
Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger Distress), Versamark, Smokey Shadow (Versafine)
Accessories: Nice Cup of Tea (Waltzingmouse Template), White Embossing Powder, Organza Fabric, Border Punch (EK Success), Seam Binding Ribbon, Button (PTI), Embroidery Thread, Pearls (Kaisercraft), Pale Gold Krylon Pen

19 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Looks like a little Victorian tea is all set to be served here Tosh! love the colors and the white embossing - your tea cup is lovely with all the stampings on it and the little teabag!

Tanya said...

Wow, this is totally fabulous! Your card is gorgeous, and that tea cup, eek! And a tea bag, the doily on the saucer, such detail! This is amazing, what a fantastic set! :D

Elly said...

Wow this is so gorgeous! Love it!

Earline said...

You are amazing this is another mouth drop card. I enjoy your art.

Gabriela said...

Tosh your creativity is amazing! What a darling Victorian teacup and saucer set. Perfect colors and detail.

Antje said...

fabby card and project! Love the colors, brown, with the touch of rose is just my fav!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh this is divine, Tosh!! Love that beautiful card creation and that sweet teacup just sends it over the top! Happy birthday WM!!

Marisa said...

Amazing project, Tosh!!

Merry said...

Omg!!!This is so terrific. I love all your detail it is all just perfect. Thanks for sharing the link.

Sandy Ang said...

love that tea cup !

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Wow!!!!This is stunning!!!!I Love that beautiful card creation and that sweet teacup !!!!All thedetails are great..just perfect !!!
I´m follower now!!!
Kisses and hugs from Brazil
Cynthia

SAMARA said...

Fav fav Fav set from WaltzingMouse! Just ordered the Large Doilies...I LOVE WHAT YOU did with this Tosh...it is vintagy, classy and can imagine two tea toddlers enjoying their time in the log cabin! It is very rich yet exactly as it should be...showing YOUR unique and fantastic style and creative BRILLIANCE!!!! Samara xox

Luanne said...

Amazing creativity! Love your soft color pallet, and the darling tea cup!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, Tosh! This is SUPERB!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful set, love the little doily on the saucer, wonderful job on the cup

LaurieJ said...

Your projects are absolutely lovely! So delicate and detailed. Wow!

Grace said...

Oh Tosh this set is absolutely gorgeous! This is soooo the style I love! I love the doilies and that tea cup and saucer is amazing!!! AWESOME!!!! I so love Waltzingmouse! You are showcasing these beautifully!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a cute tea set! Love it!

Karen H. said...

Beautiful! Love the vintage feel of the card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs