Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Flowers

It's my turn to share, over on the Verve Blog, how I interpreted this month's them for the Diva Dare: April Showers Bring May Flowers

I mixed one of Verve's newest releases Hope Blooms, with May's Stamp of the Month set Dare to Be. One of the many beauties of working with Verve images is that they all mix and match so well!!

My daughter graduates from High School next week, so I thought "Dare to be You" was the perfect sentiment to use to make a card for her with a frame of bright and cheerful flowers. All I did was stamp the largest Hope Blooms flower with Rocket Red Gold Brilliance ink, and shade the edges a bit with Persimmon VersaMagic. After the sentiment panel and flowers were dry, I added a layer of Shimmer with some Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz by Tsukineko. If you click on the photo below you can see it a bit better. It's very subtle.


Lastly, I added some Stardust stickles dots around the flower centers, some basic vertical embossing stripes with my Scor-Buddy, a button with embroidery thread and a punched border. Very easy!

Now, be sure to head on over to the Verve Blog to find out how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you are having a wonderful week filled with sunshine and new Spring growth!!

Happy Stamping!!




Stamps: Hope Blooms, Dare to Be (Verve)
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Rocket Red Gold (Brilliance), Persimmon (VersaMagic), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Wonky Rectangles (Spellbinders), Button (PTI), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Ribbon, and Embroidery Thread, Scor-Buddy

8 comments:

Tanya said...

My daughter graduates next month, oh they grow up so fast :( This is beautiful, I love how you stamped a frame of flowers, and that ink, what a fabulous color!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful card! Gives me better ideas for my duaghter card. She graduates from college this month! Thanks for sharing.

Marisa said...

Love how you framed the sentiment panel with the flowers. Lovely punched bottom too. I'm waaaay behind you as my daughter only graduates from 7th grade this year (that's what you get for marrying late and having kids when you are older LOL), but the growing up pangs are just as intense. Where do the years go?! I'm sure she will love this beauty :)

Keva said...

Oh wow..this is really beautiful. I love how the flowers seem to have a glow about them. Very very pretty!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Love the simplicity of this card, Tosh and the drama of the colour.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty, Tosh....love how you made your main panel

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a card - beautiful, brave, unique and inspiring. I'd dread not to have seen it (that sounds strange but I hope you get my drift) Mwah.

Mary Mac

Beate said...

Wow! Totally gorgeous.
Hugs and smiles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs