Friday, May 27, 2011

Viva la Verve May week 5

I have the honor of hosting the Viva la Verve Sketch over in the Verve Forum this week. Woo-Hoo!! Be sure to check it out and how you can win yourselves some Verve!!

Here's the sketch:



I decided to go with a masculine look since Father's Day is coming soon, and used one of Verve's newest Plain Jane's Proverbs 16:9. It's stamped with Versafine's Onyx Black directly onto BoBunny's Timepiece Collection dp. I usually ink distress, but decided to sand all the edges, instead, after dry embossing the bg panel with the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Diamonds in the Rough. To finish the card, I just added a couple of buttons. Don't want to over-embellish a masculine card ya know. *grin*



After you check out the Verve Forum, be sure to head on over to the Verve store. Julee is having a super sale this weekend in honor of Memorial Day.

That's it for today. Thanks so much for dropping by!
Happy Stamping!




Stamps: Proverbs 16:9
Paper: Vintage Cream and Smokey Gray (PTI), Timepiece Collection (BoBunny)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Diamonds in the Rough (Cuttlebug Embossing Folder), Buttons (PTI), Ivory Embroidery Thread, Sanding Block

8 comments:

Keva said...

This is sucha great card, Tosh. Love the color scheme and the sentiment is just great.

Amy Sheffer said...

Handsome and wonderfully masculine, Tosh! Love the sketch, too - can't wait to play!

Andrea said...

I so enjoy it when there are sketches provided to help me be creative. Love the colors in the card.

Conniecrafter said...

neat sketch and love the papers you used for it, perfect verse

Rose Ann said...

It's a great sketch, Tosh...and I love the papers!! What a fabulous sentiment as well!! I think I need to so some shopping soon. *wink* (Verve has the best sentiments, don't they?)

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors and beautiful papers you used on this Tosh!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a FABULOUS Sketch Tosh!!~

Bernie said...

OH Tosh thank you so much for visiting my new blog. I've been nosing around your blog and love your style and your color combos. Your safety pin flowers are genius. I love this card as I have all I've seen on your blog thus far. I will become a follower as soon as I can figure out to do it with my new ID. I don't know how to get rid of the old one yet.
Hugs
Bernie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs