Monday, October 26, 2009

It's all about Verve today!!

Verve released 7 new fabulous sets this past Friday, and I mean fabulous!! Each one has gorgeous images, and wonderful sentiments with fantastic fonts. I used the Holly Jolly set for this card. I just stamped this beautiful ornament with Cranberry (Adirondack Dye Ink) onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and added some glitter to the flakes with my Quickie Glue Pen and some Ultrafine Transparent Glitter. I used the flower stem from the Believe set for the hanging implement. I also used Heidi Swapp dp, a Martha Stewart border punch and Offray Ribbon.

Now, since it's Monday, I also have a CCEE project for you. I know...I'm late. I was out of town since Thursday visiting my son in college and my dear friend Laurie (Just Give Me Stamps). I had a blast spending time with each of them. What treasured memories.

Anyway, onto the project. I mailed each CCEE member a small little lunchbox tin. Each member was to alter it, and fill it with anything they wanted to. It's just the perfect size to fit a gift card in. So that's what I did.

First, I ink distressed the tin with Timber Brown Stazon. I then stamped the images from Verve's set, Delightful & Delicious set, with Espresso (Adirondack Dye), and colored the cup with a copic. I used the steam image for the sides and added some Chocolate Pearls (Kaisercraft). The buttons are PTI.

I just layered some crinkled up paper with ink distressed drawer liner on top so the card would lay neatly at the top of the tin. After I began editing the photo, I realized I didn't ink distress the inside of the tin with the Stazon. Grrrrr....I'm late with this project already, so I just left it. I'll add the ink later. Sorry.

I got my color inspiration from the Starbucks gift card that I included inside.
We'd love to have you participate too. Just alter something and upload it to the CCEE Stampers blog. We'd love to see what you come up with.

ETA: I forgot to mention that our CCEE Stampers group will be taking the months of November and December off. Many are getting quite busy with Design Team commitments, as well as family obligations, so we're taking a break. Don't worry though, we'll be back stronger than ever the first of January. :o)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a FANTASTIC week!
Happy Stamping!!

14 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect Tosh, love your card and your tin. Thaqnks for the fun tin and challenge.

Robin McK said...

Hi Tosh! Greetings from Toronto!
Love your card, TFS

Robin

Gabriela said...

Tosh - this card is soooo beautiful and that tiny tin lunch box is precious! You did an outstanding job on it and I love the way the Starbucks gift card is the perfect fit. Where EVER did you find these little lunchboxes? Enquiring minds wanna know. xoxoxo.

Grace said...

Oh Tosh I'm so loving your little lunch box!!! What a great idea and I love what's inside too!!! Love the new set with the blue, white and red color combo! Great layout and as always... a great job!!!

StampOwl said...

both are gorgeous Tosh ... enjoyed this challenge

SAMARA said...

What a fabulous tin! Looks like you could walk right into it and sit right down for a latte!! Tosh, I will always know you as the earth girl. And the ornament on a flourish...may I case it please? Of course, give credit where credit is due!!! Tosh - you are brilliantly artistic. I'm in love with your earth cards. They grace my desktop. Thank you! xox

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so gorgeous, Tosh!! I love the papers, edging, and beautiful ribbon!! Your gift card tin is beautifully distressed, and stamped with the cutest coffee cup image!! I love the buttons and pearls too!!

I'm happy to hear your visit was so wonderful!!

Denise Marzec said...

THUD!!....Seriously?....SERIOUSLY!!....sooooo awesome! Oh my gosh, that white as a highlight behind the blue is just GORGEOUS!....I totally want to go make a blue and white card now...and I SOOOO need this DP!

Betty Wright said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the soft colored and beautifully detailed Christmas card with the pop of red ornament and the stem as tree branch is AWESOME!!! LOVE that!!!

Fabulous and beautifully detailed altered project too!!! Gorgeous as always, Tosh!!!

Susan said...

You're so clever! Thanks for sharing! You always do such a wonderful job, all your work is so lovely!

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-10

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS Christmas card - Tosh!!! The new VV image is darlin'!!! Your CCEE project is too cute and what a fun way to alter it!!! You are rockin' the VV Set's!!!

Have a great day!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn said...

love the distressed tin! yummy colors...yummy innards!

Carolyn King said...

LOVE what you did with the tin....such a great way to present a gift card............gotta get working on mine!

Olga said...

Very pretty! Cute DP and the scallops on the side add a great touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs