Thursday, October 22, 2009

Indian Corn


Last week our vet dropped off a tin bucket filled with goodies and a calf feeding milk bottle. I asked her what it was for. Well apparently, a neighbor had a sick calf on his beef cow ranch and needed a milk bottle to hand feed one of his calves. My husband sent over a bottle not giving it a second thought. Well, the neighbor was so appreciative of this minor act that he reciprocated with a gift. So, I made this card to thank he and his wife for their generosity. It's such a blessing to have neighborly neighbors.

Since they're farmers, and considering the time of year it is, I used this gorgeous Fall Corn image by Inkadinkado, framed it with the Labels 8 Nestabilities die (Spellbinders), and used Graphic 45 and Basicgrey decorative paper. I didn't have any more Chocolate colored Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.), so I colored my white ones with a very dark brown copic. It gave them a mottled look, which fit with the rustic feel of this card.

I LOVE the Thanks border punch (Martha Stewart). I thought it was kinda different and fun! Finally, I added some Natural Burlap String (May Arts), and a PTI Wooden button. Oh, I almost forgot, I ink distressed with Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo.

Hope your week is a good one.
I'm heading north to visit my son in college. I'll be gone for a few days, but have some posts scheduled during my absence. I also get to spend a day with my dear friend Laurie (Just Give Me Stamps)!! What a treat!!

Happy Stamping my friends!!

17 comments:

StampOwl said...

love it Tosh

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Have fun on your trip Tosh and visiting Laurie!! This card is gorgeous. Love your sponging, layout and the Happy Thanksgiving border.

hugs,
Chris

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh

Unknown said...

Awesome card, Tosh! LOVE the layout and all your details!

Have a fabulous trip. I want to hear all about it when you get back!

dpkennedy said...

Lovely warmth radiating from this beautiful card!

Linda Carson said...

Looks fab!

LorettaL said...

Tosh, that Thanks border is perfect! Gorgeous image too. Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Wow Tosh!! I love those havest colors on that absolutely gorgeous card!
--Hugs Becca

Gabriela said...

Tosh - I love the Scattered Straw distress ink, and that MS "thanks" punch is fabulous. Thanks for introducing us to it. Have a safe and wonderful trip and be sure and tell Laurie "hey" for me.

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - what a sweet neighbor and what a sweet hubby for helping out!!!

Your *thank you* card is FABULOUS!!! The punch is really awesome and perfect with your card!!! Hugs ~S~

Davi said...

The soft muted colors and all the layers are really nice. The punched thanks is a great finisher!

SAMARA said...

you are one talented babe there! my goodness your colors are rich! again, the earth just comes up and reaches your cards with your choices. i really enjoy studying how your artistry reaches down and also digs into the earth. so incredibly rich and soulful. uhhhh! i'm a fan!

Kimberly Crawford said...

SHUT UP!! That is SO SO SO SO SO cool!!!! Genius idea with the thanks!!!! You are awesome!!
Have a safe and wonderful trip!!

Rose Ann said...

I love the richness of your card, and the corn is perfect!! What a great layout and I love the "Thanks" bordering!! I'm sure your neighbors will appreciate it!!

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Tosh!!

Lena Katrine said...

I really love the warmth of the colours in this card! Beautiful!

Have a great day! Hugs, Lena

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo beautiful, Tosh...your coloring on the corn image is AWESOME and what a cool border punch....love every little detail!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Conniecrafter said...

very neat, great layout and just love that border punch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs