Thursday, June 2, 2011

Waltzingmouse's June Soap ~ Day 2


It's day two of Waltzingmouse's June SOAP (Stamp of Approval Parade) Hop, and I have a vintage creation to share with you. I used quite a few different WMS sets on this baby: Dainty Doilies Large, Bitty Banners, Very Vintage Labels 4, and Blessed by you. The Doily was stamped onto Vellum with Versamark, heat embossed with White ep, and diecut with Spellbinders' Big Scallop circle Die.



Since it's also Thursday, I have a CCEE Stamper's card to share with you. It's Dairy month, so Frances has challenged us to make a card with a cow on it. Now being as we're dairy farmers, you'd think I'd own a cow stamp. Nope! Nada!! Not a one!! How sad is that right?


Soooooooo, I decided to use a photo I took of one of our Red Angus beef cattle instead, (I know, I know...it isn't a dairy cow....shoot, it's even a bull, but Frances just said to include a "cow"...*grin), with a WMS Sentiment from the set Say it Loud. The "happy" is separate. I just decided to stamp it vertically. Be sure to check out the CCEE Stamper's Blog to see what the other gals have done with cows. :)

Well, I hope you've enjoyed the parade. Thanks so much for visiting. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another WMS card.

Anya Schrier
Belinda Chang Langner
Bonnie Sharp
Carly Robertson
Claire Brennan
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker ----you are here!

Doily card:
Stamps: Dainty Doilies Large, Bitty Banners, Very Vintage Labels 4, and Blessed by you
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Treasures (Melissa Frances)
Ink: Versamark, Pixie Dust, Oasis Green and Wheat (VersaMagic)
Accessoires: Big Scallop Circle and Labels 4 Die (Spellbinders), Pearls (Kaisercraft), White ep, Seam Binding Ribbon, Button (PTI), Silver Cording (Joanne), Embroidery thread, Border Punch (EK Success), Sewing Machine

Cow Card:
Stamps: Say it Loud
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Wheat-John Deere (Creative Imaginations), Basics Manila Paper Pad (Basicgrey)
Ink: Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Scallop die (MFT), Sewing Machine, Buttons (PTI), Twine

26 comments:

StampOwl said...

awesome cards my friend, just as well your DH is making you tell us the difference between dairy, beef, cow or bull hehe! You are gonna have to get one or all your DT's to design some cow stamps!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous cards..love the first one so soft and elegant!

Pauline said...

Love the WMS card, it's so pretty!

Kary said...

The WMS card is Stunning!! Love the soft colours and gorgeous design.

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card, this has become. The big Doilie is my favorite stamp.

Greetings Astrid.

Luanne said...

Time to go shopping for a "cow" stamp! Love your creations today! So soft and pretty on the first one (love the doily!) and if you hadn't told us about the kind of cow, we wouldn't have known... Love 'em!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Tosh you even make a cow look good!!~

LaurieJ said...

Love your cards! The cow card is so much fun - great photo! And the doily card is lovely - love the soft color scheme.

Julia Aston said...

2 great creations Tosh! love the banners and doily on the first - and your handsome 'cow' on the 2nd!!

Jan Garber said...

Great cards! And I'm sure your cow will love it~ LOL! How old is he/she? haha! You took a challenge and turned it into a teaching opp! Thanks so much! Loving these large sentiments.

Deborah Frings said...

Now this goes to show just how different two cards can be!! I love the first card - very soft, very pretty! The second made me laugh out loud! Great work!

Jo said...

that banner card is gorgeous, i love the soft colors.

Marisa said...

Beautifully soft first card and I LOL at the second one! Love the stitching and details of your "cow" ;) You need to put a cow stamp on your stocking stuffer list lest the herd find out and you have a stampede issue....I'll tell them about all the skewed panel sketches too LOL!

Marisa said...

Solved your cow stamp issue. Check these guys out :)

http://thescallopededge.blogspot.com/2011/06/taylored-expressions-sneak-peeks-day-3.html

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

?!? Tosh doesn't have a cow stamp ?!? I'm in shock! LOL! I like how you pulled it together for the cow challenge, though. Very resourceful!
Your vintage creation is gorgeous!

Gabriela said...

Love your vintage creation WMS card and the alleged "cow" card too. Goodness these are just adorable. The vintage card is fantastic and really tugs at my heart strings. Hugs to you, sweet Tosh.

Charmaine Stack said...

I like the vertical happy idea. Nice touch.

Michelle Woerner said...

Dear first card: Will you marry me? Your beauty is pure, your banners so gently waft in the wind, and bottom edge is so dainty. I am completely smitten and must have your hand in marriage!

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are amazing Tosha. Your range of style is incredible and I love them both, from the vintage feel of your lovely first card, to the country feel of your second project. Fantastic both of them!

Laurie Marmon said...

Very nice cards, both of them. Thanks for sharing.

Joanne (jojot) said...

the first so elegant and vintage....the second oozes masculinity....you do both so fabulously...both warm and rich in color

Niki Estes said...

Love these, Tosh! I love the soft colors and design on the first one especially!

Lenoria said...

I love the card with the "bullish" picture! If you have ever watched the movie Barnyard I think the word "cow" is a very loose term meaning any bovine since even the bulls in Barnyard had udders. I told my husband that obviously the designers had never been to a farm.

Anonymous said...

The bow on the first card is exquisite! Oh how I wish I could make bows like that!!! Your first card is an inspiration and your second card is a chuckle - how clever (and resourceful)!Love that wheat background paper!

Jeanne J. said...

Tosh,
Talk about showing off your versatility... First the ELEGANT WMS Stamp card and then the COUNTRY card. Really impressive. So many designers focus on just one style. I really like seeing both ends of the spectrum - it shows you can work with just about anything! I will keep my eyes peeled for a cow stamp for you!!! My ellusive stamp is a realistic looking alligator! Maybe we will have to design our own!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, I love your doily card! It's soft and vintagy...love it! Love the other card too, and that's no bull. Sorry, I couldn't resist, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs