Friday, June 17, 2011

A CASE of Friendship

My daughter and I had a fun afternoon of stamping today. You see, over at Splitcoaststampers, for the Free For All challenge today, Dawn is challenging stampers to a...CASE of Friendship. Now, throughout the years, I have made some super fabulous friends at SCS, and I treasure them dearly. So to choose one to CASE over another would be impossible. However, my daughter and I just happen to be going out to lunch tomorrow with one of my dear, dear friends Pat Smethers, so we decided it would be fun to each choose a card of hers to CASE. I made the first card based on Pat's card found HERE. Pat's gallery just oozes warmth because she stamps from the heart, and shares that heart whenever, and wherever she can. She's a real treasure!!

I LOVED the large sentiment that Pat used against the square dp, and the texture and border of the backgrounds really caught my eye. For my card, I used all Waltzingmouse images creating my own background with the sets Dainty Doilies Large, Say it Loud and Text It. Everything was stamped with Versamark, with the sentiment being embossed with Black and the Doilies and Text with white. I then used the Resist technique and sponged Spun Sugar Ranger Distress Ink over the embossed images. The border was made with All Around Martha Stewart Punches, and I added some Seam Binding ribbon, a button, silver cording and I-Roc Rhinestones.

My daughter, Nichole, took a totally different approach and used darker colors. She knows Pat adores brown, so she purposely chose MME Twinkle, Twinkle Little Boy dp and CASEd the card found HERE. She also used the Dainty Doilies Large set along with the sentiment from Teeny Trees.


She also included the sewing, and added some buttons and silver cording with a rhinestone based on Pat's sweet card.

So that's it ya'll. Hope you're having a fabulous weekend.
Thanks so much for dropping by!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh


Embossed Hugs:
Stamps: Dainty Doilies Large, Say it Loud, Text It (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: White (PTI)
Ink: Versamark, Spun Sugar (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Punches (MS), Black and White ep, Button (PTI), Silver Cording, Rhinestones (I-Roc), Corner Rounder


Button Hugs:
Stamps: Dainty Doilies Large, Teeny Trees
(Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Brown and White (PTI), Twinkle, Twinkle Little Boys (MME)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), Tumbled Glass, Brushed Corduroy, and Scattered Straw (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Circle Punches (SU!), Tag Punch (MS), Silver Cording, Rhinestone (Kaisercraft), Buttons (PTI), Sewing Machine

14 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

aw shucks....another girls' get-together I missed....happy for you, but envious too....both cards are fabulous....Pat is a great one to case

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What beautiful cards in honor of our sweet Patty Cakes, Tosh! Nicole did an outstanding job with all the fab details on her card. I know you'll enjoy your visit with Pat. Give her hugs for me!

Bernie said...

These are fabulous! I am envious of you crafting with your daughter. Niether of my girls or granddaughters or my girl friends are the least bit interested in crafting. Boo hoo ;)
Blessings Bernie

Stamp like you mean it said...

Tosha and Nichole~ your sweet words and beautiful cards got me all choked up! Bless your hearts for making my day. I wish I had words as beautiful as your cards, to fill you up the way you filled me today. I love every inch of your cards, and the heart that went into this. Ok- tomorrow BIG IRL Hugs!!!! Lymi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!!! :-)

Marisa said...

Looove the soft feel to your card, Tosh. Great border and the touches of bling are perfect. Love your daughter's take too - her looped bow is great!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Tosh...both of your cards are beautiful! I love the border punching and soft colors of yours and Nicole's colors and accents are gorgeous! I can see that your daughter inherited the creative stamping gene from her mother! (Unless, of course, your husband is a better card maker than you, lol!)

C.Good said...

Totally love the cards....great job!

Luanne said...

How delightful! Not just your cute cards, but the fact that you spent time stamping with your daughter! I'm sure that was a major blessing for you! Enjoy your time with Pat, she was a wonderful stamper to case. TFS!

Wanda Cullen said...

I am loving getting to know Pat better through the DD chat room and she is a super talented lady to CASE! I love that you and your DD chose a feminine and a masculine version to create and Nichole has inherited your creative genes for sure!! Both cards are wonderful!

B said...

Oh how cute! :) Love the cards and how fun that you get to spend time with your daughter that way!

Grace said...

Oh wow! Tosh how fun this must have been stamping with your DD and also getting together with sweet sweet Pat! Oh how I wish I could grab a lunch date with her... and you too! Both of you did great jobs casing Pat's heart and talent! Love them! Give Pat a hug for me when you see her next!!!
hugs,
Grace

Corine van der Zee said...

Gorgeoussss, both cards!!!

Gr. Corine

Gabriela said...

Tosh - you make the prettiest cards and I'm coveting all your Spellbinders dies. Just fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs