Thursday, June 9, 2011

Copics with Balsa Wood


Hello everyone!! I have a CCEE Stampers card to share with you today. Frances has challenged us to make a card with a sports theme since baseball was invented on June 12, 1839. The card can represent any sport, so I chose surfing.

First off, I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #194. I stamped the surf board images, from the Verve set Relax, with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Balsa Wood and colored them with my Copics. I found they actually blended pretty well too.

The palm trees were also colored with Copics and cut out, and the sun sentiment medallion was sponged with Wild Honey. The dp is Sunshine Broadcast by Sassafras.

That's it from me today. Now be sure to check out what sports the other gals are representing over at the CCEE Stampers Blog.

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Stamps: Relax (Verve)
Paper: PTI, Prismatics, and Sunshine Boradcast (Sassafras)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Onyx Black (Versafine), Wild Honey (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Balsa Wood, Copics, Circle and Inverted Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Lace, Twine, Button, Border Punch (EK Success), Rhinestone (I-Roc), Rhinestone diamonds (Zva Creative)

11 comments:

Kathryn said...

Awesome idea with the balsa wood! What a great card--it all comes together so perfectly.
Have a super day.

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Tosh!!~

Marisa said...

Great use of the mojo sketch! Love the scene you have created. Hope it is a hand delivery because balsa wood and mail don't go well together LOL!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Spectacular surfer card, Tosh! My nephew LOVES to surf, and he would LOVE your cool card! Cool idea to color on the balsam wood.

StampOwl said...

awesome card Tosh, love your balsa wood!

Pauline said...

This is wonderful, I love the balsa wood boards! Wonderful seaside colours too.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Fun and sunny card, Tosha!! Love the palm trees, they are perfect! We have a grey day here today, so thanks for sharing some sun with me! :-)
Hugs, Wendy

Arlene said...

Super cute card Tosh! Love it a lot! :)
Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Luanne said...

This is wonderful! I love the lacy scalloped edge that looks like water. Fabulous!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, gosh...this is a TRUE sport....and here I had you wrangling with crocs and all....wonderful work, my friend

Shannon White said...

Wow! Love your Amazing Card! Great take on the Mojo sketch! love the surfboard and the Fab Palm trees! Just So Sunny and Fabulous!

Hugs
Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs