Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bring Your Own Sunshine!!


I made today's card for two Challenges. For the CCEE Stamper's Challenge, Frances has us including kites on our Card. Be sure to stop by to see what other kites are flying today.

The second challenge is the "Get Your Diva On" challenge by Verve. If you'd like to be a guest Verve Diva, this is definitely a challenge you will want to participate in. This month's challenge is a theme:
Bring on the Summer, Sunshine, and Blue Skies
!


What does this mean? Well, the interpretation is up to you!! Whether you are inspired by the colors of summer, the feeling of sunshine, or prefer to incorporate some blue sky into your project...you are only limited by your imagination! When you upload your creation, make sure to tell us how you were inspired! You have until June 19th, 9:00 pm Mountain time to enter HERE. You can find out the rest of the entry details there too.



One of my all time favorite Verve images is this sweet little Notebook page from the set Blue Skies. I left some space at the top so I can personalize it with a handwritten name when I send it.

Now, for the rest of the card. I used a large variety of Verve sets to make this card today. I had so much fun mixing and matching images and papers to create the Summer scene I had in my head. Here's a list of the Verve sets:

Notebook Paper: Blue Skies
Notebook Sentiment: Feel the Sun
Kites: To the Moon
Sun and lower sentiment: Let it Shine
Clouds: Up, Up and Away

The paper is mostly Capella by Basicgrey. However, I stamped the sun onto some scrap Webster's Pages dp.

The scallops were made with the MFT large scallop die, and the border punch was made with an EK Success punch. I also added some Sugar Sparkle Fluff, by Our Craft Lounge, to the clouds, and a touch of glitter to the sun. (If you click on the photos, you can see the details better.)

That's it for today ya'll. Thank you so very much for stopping by. I truly appreciate each and every visit. I hope you all are having a fabulous week!!

Happy Stamping!
Tosh

11 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Tosh

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So soft, cute and fun, Tosh! Love the notebook paper and puffy clouds, as well as your cute kites!

Luanne said...

Love that little notebook! I like how you left space to personalize it too. Super layout, fabulous card!

Karen M said...

Absolutley beautiful card! I love it. It just has the scent of summer xx

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, Tosh. Love those fluffy clouds, your paper pieced kites and the beautiful lace. I always love looking at all the elements of your cards.

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Tosh!!~

Theresa said...

This is just wonderful. I love all the colors. I love the sentiment as well. Very soothing. TFS

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this softer version of the summertime colors and that sentiment is a perfect fit (I'm also a big fan of that notebook page stamp!). Thanks, Tosh, for your kind words after the DD reveal...it really means a lot coming from a dirty diva so ultra talented as yourself! :-)

Julia Aston said...

Love this Tosh! The kites, the lace and fun clouds!

Conniecrafter said...

such a cute scene, love your sun peeking out, cute kites!

Gabriela said...

Kites and Clouds - two of my most favorite things! What a darling card, my dear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs