Friday, January 21, 2011

VLVJAN2011 Week #4

Sankari has a fabulous VLV sketch for week 4 of this month! Check it out HERE! I just had to play along!! Check out how you can play along too. There's prizes to be won people!! Verve prizes!! How cool is that!!!

Here's my take on her sketch:

I paper pieced the sweet little chubby bear from Verve's To the Moon set, and popped him up against a dp bg. (all the dp is MME) This set has a huge variety of sentiments, and I chose "sweet little baby". I also paper pieced the kite. I saw recently how a stamper added a ton of buttons on a strip below the image, and I would love to give credit for the inspiration, but I can't for the life of me remember which blog I saw it on. :( But I will say, all of you stampers are a continual inspiration. That's why I adore this part of the crafting world so much. It's filled with so many ideas with color, shapes, embellishments, layouts, styles...I could go on and on. So thank you for sharing your gifts, because I learn so much.

eta: I found the card that inspired me with the buttons. It was made by the uber talented Debbie Carriere. You can see it on her blog HERE. Isn't it just the most charming!?!?!?!?

That's it from me today. The rest of the card is pretty straight forward. I'll just add the supply list at the bottom of this post. Now, head on over to the VLV forum over on Splitcoaststampers to see what everyone is up to this month.

Happy Stamping my friends!! And have a super weekend!!
Tosh

Stamps: To the Moon (Verve)
Paper: Sophie and Quite Contrary (My Mind's Eye), Birchtone Dark (Prism), Ivory (PTI)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Lacey and Classic Circles, and Large Classic Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Buttons (PTI), Library Clips (Stampin' Up!), Ornamental die (Tim Holtz Alterations), Sewing Machine, Baker's Twine (Jillibean Soup), Dimensional Tape

17 comments:

Keva said...

Oh this is so awesome. I love love love those papers and the row of buttons is too cute. I saw that somewhere else, too, and can't remember where either. It's really neat, though. Great card!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is so gorgeous. I must get that Spellbinder die. I love it every time I see it. I also love all the buttons. I think I'm going to give that a go. Also, thanks again for all your wonderful words of encouragement. I can't tell you how much they have helped me. I continue to go back to what you said about your mom being at the feet of the Lord. Just know that you have helped me more than you know and I appreciate you reaching out to me. Big, Giant, Inky Hugs!

BTW, couldn't you have simpler word verification???

sajjqnfi what is that? most at least have some form of a word that I try to steal for Scrabble. Great points if it actually counted *wink*

LorettaL said...

Tosh, I LOVE this card!!!!! I am totally enamoured of that band of buttons. DIVINE!

Marisa said...

Loving him all over again here, Tosh. The gingham BG on the lacey nestie with the library clip on the sentiment panel - perfection :) thanks for blessing my day with your b-day wishes (((hugs))).

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous card! I love that teddy :) Thank you so much for the shout out, too. I appreciate it :)

Maureen said...

adorable!!! LOVE the library clip and all those buttons...I'm drooling still!! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

Tosh, this is adorable!! LOVE the buttons!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! What an awesome take on the sketch Tosh!! I just love the paper you used and all those buttons!! Too cute!!
hugs,
Chris

Conniecrafter said...

that is so very cute and love that row of buttons!

dpkennedy said...

Oh wow, this is so cute! I love your color scheme too! Adorable Tosh!

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable, Tosh!! I love all of your dimension and wonderful buttons!!

Betty Wright said...

This is just too cute! I must get this set! Wonderful colors and fabulous detailing as always! I must check out this VLV sketch, too! Adorable card, Tosh!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very beautiful and cute.....with your signature warmth and fab layers

Silke Ledlow said...

Too stinkin' cute Tosh!!! What a sweet baby card!!! Love your button treatment :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Lynda Benden said...

This is absolutely darling Tosh! What great papers and your button treatment is fantastic!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how adorable! I love your button border. Too sweet!

Olena said...

gorgeous card! Great job! Olena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs