Monday, January 31, 2011

An Anniversary Card and "Before pictures"


I got a new toy this past week, and have been having fun. I made this card with the Spellbinders Grand Labels 4. Of course to use the Grands, I needed a tool larger than my trusty Cuttlebug (who I still remain faithful to of course... :o), so I invested in a Grand Calibur from Spellbinders, and it works beautifully.


I just scored down the middle of the Labels 4 shape, folded it over and covered it with some gorgeous Webster's pages decorative paper. I also used some fabulous Verve images. The beautiful swirly oval is from the new Verve set called Sweet Treats, And I cut it out with the new Cut Above Embossed Oval Die, and I just added some Anniversary sentiments from the set Love Story. I also added some Flourishes, from the set One Person, behind the sentiment. That's it for today's card.

Stamps: Sweet Treats, Love Story, One Person (Verve)
Paper: Ivory (PTI), Webster's
Ink: Onxy Black (Versafine), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress), Versamark
Accessories: Embossed Oval Die (Verve), Heart, Labels 13 and Grand Labels 4 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Felt, Button (PTI), Burlap String (May Arts), Pearls and Lace (Kaisercraft), Clear Embossing Powder, Sewing Machine

I have a few more photos to share with you:

I have 3 cards ready to share with you this week, and they were all made right before emptying out my stamp room. The room you can see below was built 19 years ago as a office/guest room, and about 5 years ago, I added the island and the shelves and counter on the North side. Notice the striped wallpaper....YIKES!! It's been there since the beginning, and the walls are peach, although it's hard to see in the photos. Starting today, the whole room is getting a makeover with paint. I've already had 4 can lights installed in addition to my fluorescents, and some lighting underneath my shelves on the north side also. My closet has shelves added to it also.

As soon as this baby is finished (should be by Friday), I'll have some after pictures with all my tools and toys inside. The lazy susans on the island hold my Verve images, Spellbinders dies, inks and markers. Those are all getting painted also, that's why they're still in the room.

Here's a look from the door. The South Side.

The East and North side.

East and South

West (Closet)

19 comments:

Beate said...

Tosha, your card looks amazing! Love the sponging, the shape, the gorgeous lace. It's beautiful!

So now I need to get me the Grand Label 4! Not that I needed much enabling. LOL

And I am chanting, I am not envious, I am not envious when I look at your room pictures. No really...I am not envious. What a wonderful stamping room. I can't wait to see it after you added the new paint.
Hugs and smiles

Terri said...

Love the card and love your stamp room. Cana't wait to see the transformation.

Keva said...

Whoa..I love that card. So wait, these labels make THAT size cutout? Large enough to make a card? Wow..that's really really cool! I might have to look into that.

I really like your room. I feel like this is an episode of Color Splash or Divine Design on HGTV. Cannot wait to see the results.

Julia Aston said...

Love your anniversary card Tosh - the shape and colors are super! The grand calibur is so fun for the big shapes!

and my gosh (drool, drool) what a SUPER craft room! absolutely gorgous! a place for everything you could think of to craft with!

Stamp like you mean it said...

About the card- OH MY Goodness Sistah! (note: 05/15) Tee-hee! Tosha, I cannot believe out posted neeked pix of your stamp room! I am deeply saddened, but only for the moment, knowing how gorgeous it will soon be! Yikes- me & Nat gotta get out there to Cow Town! I am so happy for you! Hugs, lymi!!!!

Unknown said...

Now I am loving your card, absolutely gorgeous! But I am madly in love with your room. I made a crude blueprint a few years ago for what I want my scrap room to look like and it looks just like a kitchen-Now your room has brought my ideas to life! Have fun:)

Kay D said...

Your room looks amazing- almost as pretty as your card! :)
I love the rich colors, and that happy little heart!

Maureen said...

okay, so I"m thinking you're giving the GC two thumbs up...good to know! I love the shape card you made with it...and just a bit jealous of your studio! wow!! It's giving me ideas for when we build this year :) I always thought I needed a counter too for when you want to stand :) Love it and can't wait to see it loaded!

Susie said...

Tosha, I've always loved your cards and WoW! do I love that workroom!! I'm also going to pay a lot more attention to the new grand calibur at the next craft fair.

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely love, Tosh! Beautiful shape and lovely details!

Your stamp room is wonderful! Love all the cabinets, drawers and stamping space.. can't wait to see the freshly painted walls!

Debbie Carriere said...

Stunning card! Love the shape & how you embellished it. I so want the Grand Calibur :)
And you are one lucky girl with a room like that!!! Can't wait to see it put back together :)

Leslie Miller said...

So this is where you create all the gorgeous cards such as the one you shared today! Isn't it wonderful to have your own personal space for your beloved craft? And what a space it is! My room is so small in comparison, and still I ask myself why do I need all this stuff and more space to put more stuff? But it's glorious! Indulge yourself! It looks like a dream come true!

renee said...

your art work it always wonderful, thanks for sharing..wow!!! your room is amazing!! your view and windows add to the specialness.

Jerri Jimenez said...

The card is absolutely stunning girl, as usual, but that room is blowing me away! OH MY WORD . . . . all that cabinet space,those cubbies . . . . all those windows with natural lighting . . . all that counter space . . . . okay, that's it, I'm on a plane, I'm coming to help you paint and move in . . . bringing a bottle of champagne too so we can christen that gorgeous new room . . . woo hoo . . . you go girl!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely card, those dies really compliment each other and love your stitching too, very sweet.
Your room is Just Awesome!!! Wow to have all that space would be terrific, can't wait to see what all you do with it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh your card is FABULOUS!!! I can't wait to see your after pictures, I love those big windows.

dpkennedy said...

Wow to both your gorgeous card and your stamp room! It's so big and has such functional furniture with lots of natural light from those windows! I can't wait to see the After pics!!

SAMARA said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! There is nothing specific I can point out because every single bit of it just rings originality and beauty Tosh. Your room...How gorgeous is that! I truly look forward to seeing what you do. I love this - the before and after. It is so generous of you to include us! xox

Anonymous said...

Tosha !!! OMG !! Thats an amazing room !!! LOVE IT !! So much space and so much storage !! And that ISLAND IS LIKE A DREAM @!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT COMPLETELY LOVE IT :)
Naush

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs