Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just Bee~cause

It's Thursday already, and that means it's time for another CCEE Stamper's Challenge. This week Frances is challenging everyone to make a White card. I love making white cards for two main reasons: 1 ~ the paper decision is already made 2 ~ it really makes the image pop!!

I collect bee skeps, so as soon as I saw this Impression Obsession image called Heart Hive, at Stamper's Dream, I fell in love. I stamped it onto watercolor paper with Versamark, and colored it with my Tombows. Now, since I was making an all white card, I chose to cut the hive out, because my watercolor paper has a slight ivory hue to it. The bees and hearts were colored with copics, and I added a bit of sparkle to the wings and flower with my Quickie Glue pen, and some Ultrafine transparent glitter. I made the sentiment with the 25pt Curlz Font by JustRite, and added an EK Success Punched border, along with a silk ribbon, silver cord and a button.

That's about sums this card up. Now, be sure to stop by the CCEE Stamper's Blog to see what the other gals have made with the all white theme. We'd also love to have you play along.



Before I end this post, I'd like to share a photo with you. We've been inundated with fog this year, and I thought it looked cool with the heifers eating their morning breakfast. (The reason they're called "heifers" and not "cows", is because they haven't had their first calf yet. They're separated from the milking cows.) btw...this feed alley is about 1/4 mile long...you're looking at about 20 yards. (eta: I just noticed I had typed 1/2 mile instead of 1/4 mile thanks to Angella's comment...Yikes...that would be long!! Glad you said something Angella :o)

Stop by again tomorrow. I'll have an elegant Verve card to share with you.
Happy Stamping my friends!
Tosh

23 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Tosh, you are amazing!! You are so talented and everything you put your hands on just rocks. There is no style you can not master. Beautiful white card!! Your coloring just pops.
hugs,
Chris

StampOwl said...

awesome card Tosh, love the cute beehive. Fun photo of your heifers too :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous white card Tosh! Love the colouring/shading, all of the details like the white border on white...stunning and the button and silk ribbon...I could go on :)

Jessica said...

This is a beauty Tosh! Love your coloring.

Unknown said...

Beautifully colored and embellished, Tosh! Of course, your cards always are. :) LOVE the bee hive on white. Who else would have thought of that and pulled it off so beautifully?

Gabriela said...

Tosha Sweet Tosha - I'm absolutely crazy over this Bee-utiful Bee card. Oh my word it just speaks to me. What a cheerful and oh so pretty card! Your foggy heifer photo looks like an award winner to me. Gosh I love that card!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh, I LOVE your card!! No shock...I love everything you create!!! Thanks so much for sharing your photo...1/2 mile? That's a lot of "moo-moos"! God bless ya!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute card with wonderful coloring, as always. Thanks for the lesson on the heifers. At least when I call Ed about cows, I will now know something besides bull. :) You really do have a lot of fog. Those heifers don't seem to mind, they look pretty happy chowing down there.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your sweet bee card is clean, classy, and cute, Tosh! I really enjoyed the fabulous foggy photo of your heifers, too.

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS my Friend!!

Torico said...

Your bee card is so elegant and cute! You taught me that 'white' has limitless posibility.

Joanne (jojot) said...

only YOU could have such a classy beehive image on such a beautiful card.....this is so adorable

and your heifers look happy to be eating, fog or no fog...thanks for sharing.....and 1/4 of a mile is one long line of heifers

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word, Tosh...the behive image is just as cute as it can bee (sorry, I couldn't help myself..giggle) I'm lovin all the white, too...sooo pretty!!!! That is a lot of fog....hope it lifts off duting the day!!! We have one horse who really intimidates all the cows except one old gal...she stands her ground and eats her hay right where she wants...it's sooo funny to watch!!! I wonder who the real boss of the barn yard is...LOL!!

Julia Aston said...

A great white card Tosh! love that heart shaped bee hive! great pic of your heifers!

Davi said...

What a fun image and the coloring is so beautiful!Looks wonderful with all the white. Very cool pic of the heifers.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty image, like your coloring....like how a couple of the heifers are posing for the pic :)

Deborah said...

Tosh, your card(s) are beautiful. Seeing your picture of the cows makes me think you must be in the central part of California? Hanford, Porterville, Tulare? I live in Bakersfield and the fog has been truly awful. I will be so glad when the sun is shining all day. Keep up the beutiful work.

Francie G. said...

Tosh, this is beautiful! Love the image and that elegant border is a fab touch! Beautifully done! The fog is really something! Didn't know you had a dairy farm!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Totally adorable card Tosh, as always, I love coming to visit first thing in the morning. My mom grew up on a farm, I love seeing the pics of the "heifers" and learning why their called "heifers" . . . never too old to learn something new. Yikes 1/4 mile is still a long way to me . . . I can't imagine all the food they eat and I won't even mention having to clean the stalls . . . . LOL! {{{hugs}}}

Lenoria said...

I love your picture of the heifers. You must have a lot of cattle, how big is your farm? The little Holsteins in your picture are so cute and have the sweetest faces. We don't have any cows or calves and I miss them because we always had a few when I was growing up. We have had a lot of fog early in the morning here in Tennessee too, but I don't think as heavy as you have. Love your blog and all your beautiful cards.

Rose Ann said...

You've colored this image so beautifully, Tosh, and I love all white cards (great challenge!! Your bordering and bow add such beauty!!

Fantastic picture of your heifers in the fog!

Dawn B. said...

Gorgeous card... but what I love most about your post is the cows.. I grew up on a farm in IL and miss my cows so much.. This is a cool photo..:)

Laurie in MN said...

I love the cows that are watching you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs