Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring is in the air


The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the air is crisp. Spring is on its way!! Woot!!
I felt this card fit with the season right now...the wildflowers are already springing up everywhere: Purple Lupine, poppies, Mustard (I know it's a weed, but seeing a field filled with this yellow weed is sooooo striking. I LOVE it!!) I'm going to have to get my camera out and go do some shooting!!

I so love this sentiment from one of the newest Verve releases called Feel the Sun. And the flower is a dream to color and papertole. I love the layered look of it. Put those two together with Webster's Pages papers and you have one fabulous combo!! *grin* The flower was stamped onto Webster's Pages, and then had ink sponged around the edges with Dusty Concord Ranger Distress Ink. In fact, all the edges were distressed with Dusty Concord, but I added some Vintage Photo also to warm them up. Finally, I added some vintage lace and Kaisercraft pearls to dress it up a bit. The fabulous sketch was designed by the uber talented diva Amy Sheffer for the spring fling last week. I just never got it posted before now. I know...shame, shame. You can see the sketch HERE.

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you have a fantastic weekend.
I get to go to a wonderful stamp store in the hills with my dear friend Pat this weekend. It's a real treat because we don't go often since it's a bit of a drive. But the trip always goes quickly when you have a friend to pass the time with.
Happy Stamping ya'll!!




Stamps:
Feel the Sun
Paper: Webster's Pages, Kraft, Neenah
Ink: Eggplant (Versamagic), Dusty Concord and Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Circle and Big Scallop Nestabilities (Spellbinders), lace, Pearls (Kaisercraft), Button (PTI), Sewing Machine

21 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love these colors and textures in the papers. Beautiful card, Tosh...STUNNING! This Feel the Sun set is on it's way to me and I can't wait to ink it up. Love that big flower.

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful card Tosh! I am so excited you guys are coming my way today! I am not working this morning, what time are you coming up? I want to be sure to get up and out o' my jammies in time to meet up with you. LOL

Kim said...

Gorgeous card, Tosh! Love the muted green, red and blue combo. And that pearl/lace trim is a beautiful touch! The flower and the saying are lovely together. Nice work!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowee, Tosh, this is sooo stunning!! LOVE the colors but that lace w/pearls is a super accent as well! Send some rays our way...it's anything but sunny here in VA. Raining last evening, today and forecasting rain all w/e. Oh, well...good weather to stay in the stamping room! :-)

Amy Sheffer said...

Beyond gorgeous, Tosh! Love the colors and patterns and texture!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous, Tosh! Stunning arrangement, beautiful papers and the perfect embellishments - pure happiness!

ChristineCreations said...

I just love your papers and layering and layout Tosh! Have fun shopping!

Donna said...

Such a nice color combination! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joanne (jojot) said...

such warm and beauty in the sentiment, the theme, the layout and the colors...another Tosh beauty

Lynda Benden said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tosh! Beautiful colors! So muted and stunning. The pearl & lace treatment is fantastic!

Rose Ann said...

Layers and layers of gorgeousness, Tosh!! I love your beautiful flower and the trim with pearls!! I love the sentiment as well!

Diane Jaquay said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!

Mrs.Ipema said...

You always amaze me with your eye for detail and creative combinations. I love the sentiment too...fits you perfectly :) Blooming even when no one is looking!

Unknown said...

tosha...this is gorgeous! love the soft and subtle colors...so classy and elegant!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, so love the papers and your lace strip accented with the pearls is so striking!

jjcreations said...

Gorgeous card! I like that sentiment too...and the little pearls that you added along the lace - beautiful!!

Deborah Anton said...

Stunning Tosh!!! Your work always amazes me! Could you send some spring this way? : )

Dawn Easton said...

Tosh, this is gorgeous girl! Wow! Love the layered flower and rich feel from the papers! Beautiful!
Hope you and your friend had a fabulous time this weekend! Girl trips are always a blast!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! I love this color combo! Your designs are always so amazing!

Carolyn King said...

this is stunning Tosh! hope you had a great trip!! (Wish I lived closer to go with ya!)

Melisa Waldorf said...

So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs