Thursday, March 18, 2010

CCEE Inspired Birdhouse and Edible Nest

Since today's Thursday, I had to make a project inspired by a food photo from Williams-Sonoma for our CCEE Food Inspiration challenge. I had so much fun working on this project. First of all, because I LOVE birdhouses and birds. Secondly, all three of these were just the easiest to make. Here's the inspiration photo:



I loved the look of the egg truffles in the nest, so I thought, why not make a nest out of Rice Krispie and Wheat Chex Cereal. I found some Egg shaped chocolate candies to put inside, and woila...a nest of eggs. Perfectly fun and easy for kids to make too.



Here's a close-up of the nest.

The card was super easy too. I'm in love with the new Lush papers by My Mind's Eye. The designs and colors are dreamy. And there's even flocked papers included in the sets. This particular pattern reminded me of Letterpress, so I kept it simple as the style suggests. I just framed the beautiful perfectly sized sentiment "Thank You" from the Verve Set Thankful Blossoms with the fabulous new Mega Ovals Nestabilities dies by Spellbinders. The gorgeous flower is from one of Verve's newest releases called Let it Shine. I think it's supposed to be a sun, but it just proves how versatile Julee's images are. I used it as a flower and combined it with an older released sentiment. It's colored with copics with a Kaisercraft rhinestone in the center. If you click on the photo, you can see the flocking.



Finally, I want to show you this darling birdhouse. I made it with a Papertrey template, and it took very little time to make. All I did was print the template onto the back of the flocked dp, cut it out, scored and glued it. I added a Labels 10 Nestabilities diecut piece to the top and threaded some satin ribbon through it, and framed the circle opening with some Circle Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders).


Here's a look at the top of the birdhouse:

That about describes everything. Now, head on over the CCEE Stampers blog to see what the rest of the design team was inspired to create.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Here's a list of the supplies I used for these projects. If you click on the colored descriptions, it will take you to where you can find the product listed.

Stamps: Thankful Blossoms, Let it Shine
Paper: Lush Brown (My Mind's Eye), Papertrey
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Mega Ovals, Circle, and Labels 10 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Copics, Birdhouse Template (Papertrey), Rhinestone (Kaisercraft), Candy and Cereal, Ruffled Ribbon (Webster's Pages), Satin Ribbon (Offray), Dimensional Tape

15 comments:

StampOwl said...

wow you even included your own edible nest LOL ... awesome projects Tosh.

Basement Stamper said...

Great projects, I especially love the colors of your birds nest, those were fun to make!

Unknown said...

Oh Tosh...this is simply fabulous! You've outdone yourself once again!!!

Gabriela said...

Goodness gracious! This is just incredible. That edible next is adorable Tosah, and just look at that elegant ELEGANT card and matching birdhouse. Clearly there is no end to your incredible talent. This post gets two A+ from me! Hugs, too.

Anonymous said...

These are just totally awesome and you made an edible nest. Love that birdhouse. I am totally impressed

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh, wow!!! Your edible nest idea is so cool, Tosh! Love your beautiful birdhouse and card, too.

Joanne (jojot) said...

okay.....what are you on??? How can you possibly make masterpiece, after masterpiece, after masterpiece.....I am so blessed to be able to gaze upon these creations (with my jaw dropping, of course.....trying to keep the drool of envy contained...lol)

this totally rocks, my friend

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Tosh!!

Diane Jaquay said...

What an AWESOME project!! That little nest is too cute!

Davi said...

Beautiful inspirational picture...Your creation is equally beautiful. Love that sweet birdhouse and the wonderful card. That little treat of a nest makes it fabulous trio!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Oh my sweetness, Tosh!! I LOVE it all, girl!! The nest is cute and yummy, your card is sooo pretty, and your birdhouse is incredible!! Fantastic ensemble!!

Conniecrafter said...

Your nest idea is very cute, pretty card and just love the ruffle along the house :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

These are just fabulous!! I love birdhouse and that ribbon around the edge of the roof is gorgeous! But I gotta tell you, that rice crispy bird nest is too stinkin' cool!! LOVE IT!

Karen Wilson said...

Holy Cow!! This is fantastic, I love it!!! I'm lovin' that bird's nest!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy smokes GF!!! This is soooooo stinkin' cute and fabulous at the same time!!! The colors are to die for and I love the sweet little bird house :)!!! You did a perfect job on the IC piece!!! Hugs ~S~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs