Thursday, March 25, 2010

May all your weeds be flowers

I know, I know. I just posted an easel card a couple of days ago. But I had a request for a friend who needs cheering up, and they wanted an easel card. So, here it is. This is actually for our CCEE Inspiration challenge this week. Here's the photo we were supposed to use for our inspiration. I went with the colors, and I thought the stack of cookies looked like scallops. I used Mercy's sketch found HERE.

I stamped the flowers from the JustRite set Plant a Little Love, with Versamark, embossed them with Detail Black ep, and colored them with Tombows. The sentiment is from the set Seeds of Kindness. You can purchase JustRite stamps, along with a huge variety papers, inks and embellishments from Stamper's Dream. The name of the store says it all. Not only is this online store full of fabulous images, paper, rhinestones, buttons, and more, but the shipping is like none other. Michelle always ships the packages the next day. And if you place it before noon Central Time, she'll have it shipped that day. No joke!!

I love the Cream Velvet Scalloped ribbon by Maya Road. I also added some borders with Fiskars and Martha Stewart border punches. The main image is framed with one of Spellbinders newest Nestabilities Big Scallop Circles. And I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the flower centers. Lastly, I added some mini pearls by Zva Creative, and some PTI buttons, along with a May Arts Satin ribbon bow. Oh, and finally, the yummy paper is Gossamer by Memory Box.

Here's a look at the inside:


Now, we'd love to have you join in on our CCEE Inspiration Challenge. Just head on over to the CCEE Stampers Blog for all the details. It's always fun to see how other crafters are inspired.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you're having a fantastic week.
My next post won't be until March 30 because I'm working on a few projects for that week, that I can't wait to share with ya'll!!

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

20 comments:

Merry said...

Stunning...love the colours.

Unknown said...

Stunning, indeed! I love what you've done with that Plant A Little Love stamp! The colors and shading on those flowers is gorgeous! As always, your embellishing and details are fabulous! Love it, gf!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Fabulous, Tosh!! Your flower is so wonderfully colored!! Love the easel card, the pearls, buttons and that ribbon is gorgeous!!

Janet said...

Nice color choices. thanks for sharing.

Alice said...

Love the stamp, very pretty colors.

Joanne (jojot) said...

your card is as delicious to the eyes as those cookies would be to eat.......fabulous

StampOwl said...

this is gorgeous Tosh!

ChristineCreations said...

sigh....completely gorgeous. The touch of velvet is the perfect accent, and beautiful colors together..it really makes the flowers pop!

Chris K said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Linda Carson said...

Outstanding artwork!

Davi said...

Love what you did with the inspiration!!I love easel cards and your is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing you easel cards. This is new to me so thanks for sharing a great technique.

Becky S

Stef Perry said...

Such a gorgeous card! I am so into easel cards, I really enjoy seeing you making them, but then, I love all your cards!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning easel card Tosh!! Awesome take on those yummy pastel cookies!!- The flowers are colored to perfection!! Gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Val W said...

I've been following your blog for awhile. I've really enjoyed the easel cards the last few posts, along with Justrite pretties you used.

LorettaL said...

Tosh, I love this easel card! It's so fresh and pretty - a breath of spring!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the shape, colors, design, papers, beautiful flowers!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

My, oh, my, Toshy-pooh! This is gaw-jus!!! Thanks for the great challenges this month!

Rose Ann said...

Your Easel Card is so incredibly gorgeous, Tosh!! I love your beautiful flowers, and how you've colored them!! Such a sweet sentiment and pretty papers too!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful card, Tosh! Gosh, I'd be happy if my front looked as pretty as your inside. This is a stunning example of an easel card, in a delicate and sweet kind of way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs