Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Felt Flowers on a tag

Sorry I've been absent for such a long time. I've been spring cleaning. Going through my closets and cupboards and purging stuff that's been sitting idle for almost a decade. What a good feeling to get a bit more organized. Notice I said "a bit"...LOL I still have some to do, but I've conquered a mountain. *grin*

So...now about my project...

Stamper's Dream has some fabulous new toys coming in often and I was so excited when I got my hands on the new Maya Road Canvas Tags!! Talk about fun to play with. I started by painting Chocolate Acrylic Paint (Making Memories), on my Music Cover~a~Card Cling Background Stamp by Impression Obsession, with a foam brush. Stamper's Dream also carries IO's new Mega Mount Rocker Block, that makes stamping these large bg's easy as pie. You get perfectly straight images every time!!

Okay, after getting my musical bg on the canvas, I brushed on some Versamagic colors: Sea Breeze and Pink Petunia, and Brilliance colors: Pearlescent Beige and Pearlescent Crimson. I then sprayed Ivory Crocheted lace with Latte Metallic Maya Mist by Maya Road, and layered it on the tag with a strip of Pink Sheer Ruffle edge ribbon.

Next is the main image. The sentiment (from the JustRite set Harmony Classic Circle III) was stamped with Black Onyx Versafine onto Ivory Simply Smooth cardstock. I stamped one of the images from Tim Holtz's Slight Alterations set with Pearlescent Beige (Brilliance) to distress it up a bit, and sewed around the edges. Finally, I added some felt flowers and flourishes and a felt ribbon flower I made. Stamper's Dream has quite a variety of fun ribbon, and the curly-q's were made with a pink wired string by May Arts. Fun stuff. And the bottom loops are by Webster's.

That's it as far as the tag goes. It sounds really involved, but it came together rather quickly.

Now, in my last post I mentioned that I was going to the hills to visit a stamp store with two sweet and nutty friends: Pat Smethers ~ SCS and Nat (flatbdgrl ~SCS). The store is called Cat's Meow, and it's just that. It's in Oakhurst, California and has a fabulous variety of stamps, paper, and embellishments! And two adorable and friendly cats. Sweet and talented Melissa Cash works there and was kind enough to join us for lunch. As you can tell by the photos below, we had a fabulous time!! I know...scary huh? The mustaches are wax and smell like grape. YUM!!

Pat, Tosh, Nat


Pat, Melissa, Tosh, Nat


Well, the drive up there was stunning. The wild flowers were putting on quite the show, and the company was a delight. What a treat! Oh...and we got some fabulous new stampin' toys too!! Woot!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope your week is going smoothly and is filled with treasured moments!!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

12 comments:

Shawne said...

That is gorgeous, so many beautiful details on such a small tag, very dainty!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous tag ... love your fun photos too

Flowers said...

Great card ! I love seeing this set through your eyes! It was nice going through your blog.

Gabriela said...

Tosh - I'm crazy about your tag. I adore the canvas, the curly wire string and those Webster's bottom loops are to die for. You outdid yourself on this tag. Your felt flower looks so velvety and vintage. I'm so glad you got to bisit Oakhurst. When I come out to meet you, you'll have to wear the purple wax moustache so I'll be able to recognize you. Come alone. Tell no one!

Unknown said...

Girl, how DO you do it? This canvas tag is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! So many gorgeous details...one after another. Truly a work of art! Now, promise me you will wear that moustache while we are at CHA next year...okay? LOL! Love ya!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Stunning! I was talking about the mustaches, but the tag's not half bad either:D What do you keep making me add to my list at SD?? Stop that! I already have that pink wired ribbon in there though. How fun to have friends in "high" places like a scrapbook store. You are one lucky gal. Happy green day to a ye!

Joanne (jojot) said...

gosh, golly, gee
I wish there would be
A pic of five or more
including envious me!!!

thanks for sharing the pics....even if I am green with envy (having not a thing to do with St. Pat's Day...lol)

So happy you all had a fabulous time.....hope you have more of these planned.....

by the way, your tag is awesome, my friend

Elaine M said...

What's scary is you guys look really good in those mustaches - right out of the old west. Love your tag - great job

Melissa said...

Beautiful tag Tosh! You know how you feel about mxxkxxs, that's kind how I feel about felt. Your little flower is so cute though, I may just learn to like it.....

Love the pics, the one of y'all in the 'staches is the best. The other one is good (as long as no one notices my er um...love handle)

Look forward to getting together soon!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW - that tag is totally gorgeous!!!! It also looks like you've been having a fabulous time hanging out with your friends and getting new toys!!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your tag is so gorgeous, and beautifully detailed, Tosh!! Your pictures really made me smile!! Love those grape mustaches!! Ha, ha!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautifully, elegant tag!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs