Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Warm Birthday Wish...


I made this card awhile back for my BIL. He has a birthday close to Christmas. I put this together fairly quickly, right before I gave it to him, so I got off a few quick shots in my photo tent and gave it along with a fun gift. I haven't had the opportunity to upload it until now.

We camp each year with my husband's brother and his family, and we get together around our fire pit quite often throughout the year too. So, being that his birthday is in December, I thought this image, from Firecracker Designs, was perfect. (Especially since you will see my DH and him standing like this quite often around the fire....grin).

I colored him with copics and gave him a background with the Lovely as a Tree set from SU. They have a touch of white get pen, and the fire has a bit of glitter. The edges are all ink distressed with Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress).


Supplies:
Stamps - Firecracker Designs, Lovely as a Tree (SU)
Paper - Prism
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Frayed Burlap (Ranger)
Accessories - Martha Stewart Border Punch, Glitter, Labels I Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Copics, Inkssentials White Gel Pen, Felt Snowflakes (Stampin' UP!), Dew Drop, Corner Rounder


Hope you are enjoying your weekend, and that your year is off to a fantastic start!!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

28 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So cute Tosh perfect for your BIL. Hee hee love the fire.

Rose Ann said...

Oh...I bet your BIL loved this!! The colors and distressing give it a wonderful masculine feel, and I love that cute snowman!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

OMGosh! That is sooo stinkin' cute and gave me a good giggle! Love it! I'm off to look at these stamps cuz' I adore snowmen!

hugz,
Suzanne

Betty Wright said...

Tosh, you do cute so stunningly beautiful!!!!! Love the warm glow Mr. Snowman has on his backside. Love the label turned at an angle, too. Great card!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

oh! that is SO beautiful! I LOVE the shape you stamped the trees on!! the snowflakes are gorgeous and I love how you colored!!! Beautiful!!!

Becky said...

This is so adorable, I just love it. It is not until I see these beautiful cards that I feel I must have that stamp. :)

StampOwl said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh I think that snowman is a little bit too close to that fire LOL ... it is melting it's butt! Love it Tosh

Linda Carson said...

Adorable!

jjcreations said...

What a fantastic card. You did a wonderful job of colouring. I also like the trim along the bottom. Joan

dpkennedy said...

Oh, his toasted butt is too funny! Great card!!

retiredheather said...

Tosh I love your style. The softness of this card is wonderful. I love the way you angled the label and the coloring is wonderful.
Hugs
Heather

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - Tosh - I bet he love it?!?
It's a super cute card - as you know I love snowmen and this one is fun too !!!

Amy Johnson said...

this is such a cute card! I love the colors and the snowflake embellie. Sweet image too!

Anonymous said...

we raised our kids around a campfire also. I just have to get that stamp for my son who had a birthday 1/1/75
Charlene

Anonymous said...

Your stamp made me laugh! It's so cute. Makes me want to make some more winter cards. Love your coloring and the embellies.

Anonymous said...

this card is just too cute! I love it. Love the way you colored it too.

Bonnie Weiss said...

You have incorporated so many elements in this card and yet, it is not at all busy. I bet your BIL enjoyed it as much as you did creating it for him!

Sue said...

Too, too cute card! Sounds perfect for your BIL.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is gorgeous, Tosh. . and so very warm!

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is just beautiful, Tosh!!! Love the scene you've created here! God bless you for being a camper...I've done it a couple of times, and let's just say I'm more of a "hotel girl"...haha!

Barbara Taylor said...

Your card is adorable. Can relate to the snowmans toasted side. That's what I love about a camp fire

Conniecrafter said...

Awww that is too cute, I bet he got a kick out of this card, love the little glow on his behind, neat coloring!

Norine said...

how cute love the burnt bun LOL
Hugs
Norine

KAT said...

Just wanted to comment on a few things that I loved about this card - like the way you used the nestie on the angle and that SM warming his bunns is just too cute!!!

Elena said...

What a fun card! I love the scene! Very beautiful layout and coloring!

Maria Matter said...

Is this not the most charming snowman ever...I love the warmed bum! Made me giggle! You create beautiful art!!!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Too, too wonderful! Your BIL is a lucky man to have such a talented SIL!

Jami said...

What a great layout...love the stamped trees in the bg too...such attention to detail.
hugs, Jami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs