Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Elegant Nightingale


When I saw today's sketch on SCS, found HERE, I immediately thought of my Inque Boutique images that I got from Stamper's Dream. I haven't used them in ages, and they're so gorgeous!!!

So, I hauled out my Nightingale and my Aged and Elegant set, and went to work. I love this sketch and how this card turned out.

To start, I stamped the nightingale with Espresso Dye Ink (Adirondack) onto Champagne Metallic cs (Prism), and colored it with my copics.

I then rock and rolled the flourishes with Cool Caribbean and True Thyme (Stampin' UP!), spritzed them with my Extra Fine Mist spray bottle by Judikins (I love this mister...it's awesome!!), and stamped them onto Buttercream (Prism). The mats and flowers are Birchtone (Prism), Buttercream, and Tres Jolie (My Mind's Eye) dp.

The flowers are made from Martha Stewart flower punches and 2 Pewter Pearls (Kaisercraft), and the sentiment is stamped with True Thyme (SU) and is from the Aged and Elegant set (Inque Boutique).

Finally, I punched the corners with my Lace Border punch by Martha Stewart, and added some organdy ribbon. (Which I crinkled by lightly heating with a heating tool).

All the edges are ink distressed with Mushroom Dye Ink (Adirondack), and each panel is raised with dimensional tape!!


Supplies:
Stamps - Nightingale, Aged and Elegant (Inque Boutique)
Paper - Tres Jolie (My Mind's Eye), Birchtone, Buttercream, Champagne Metallic (Prism)
Ink - Espresso, Mushroom (Adirondack Dye), Cool Caribbean, True Thyme (SU)
Accessories - Copics, Martha Stewart Flower and Lace Border Punches, Pewter Pearls (Kaisercraft), Organdy Ribbon, Heat Tool, Dimensional Tape, Extra Fine Mist Spritzer (JudiKins)


I hope the first half of your week is just fantastic, and that the last half is even better!! *grin*
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

28 comments:

StampOwl said...

oh wow this is beautiful Tosh

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous, Tosh! I love the vintage elegance, and your color selections are perfect! I think I may need those MS flower punches...you enabler, you! :-)

Krista said...

Wow! This is simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My, oh my! You did this one up just right. LOVE the images and the paper and the colors and everything about it. Week would be better if it wasn't s-n-o-w-i-n-g, but spring's in 73 more days...

Deborah Saaranen said...

Sooo pretty! Love these colors together! Your layers and distressing are fabulous as usual!

Sandra MacLean said...

Love, love love the colors in this card Tosh! And what a smart idea using the edge punch as a corner one! I have to tell you that I found out the hard way what a heat gun does to organdy ribbon! LOL

Tina b. said...

Dear Tosh,
I wish you a happy New Year!
This card ist sooooooo beautiful. I love the colours and the sketch...a great card!
Greetings Tina

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Tosh!! I love that beautiful nightingale, and all of your pretty swirls, flowers,and layers!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, gorgeous colors!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-ers girl you rocked this card.

Carolyn King said...

AMAZING tosh...this is beautiful!

CAnnot wait---get to meet you in less than three weeks! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous card. OMW I was unfamiliar with the mushroom colored distress ink. I adore the way you used the lace punch on the corners only. You're a genius!

Suzanne J Dean said...

stunning & beautiful--I just love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Judy Rozema said...

Are you going to CHA by any chance?

This is one of the most beautiful cards you have ever made!

Joan Ervin said...

Such a beautiful card, Tosh....I just love those scalloped corners and the bird is gorgeous!!! The punched flowers, ribbon, sponging, flourishes...every little detail is fabulous!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

HOLY BUCKETS, Tosh!!!!!!!! Can I be you, seriously? This is just out of this world! AMAZING!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh WOW! Tosh, this took my breath away! Hugs, michelle

noora said...

Lovely colours! And very beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Elegant and gorgeous - Tosh!!! The colors are divine!!! Fabulous card - Tosh!!!

Mothermark said...

This card just kills me! Congrats on getting over 100 comments on SCS. I deserves that and about 500more! Holy cow its gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Love the dimension and the colors - and that punch!!! WOW!

dpkennedy said...

This is stunning Tosh! I love the colors and the inking...is so rich looking!

Laurie in MN said...

Very pretty card.

Jami said...

Wow...so beautiful!! Love the colors, and the awesome corner treatments!!
hugs, Jami

retiredheather said...

Tosh another great card. I love the way you did the corners. Wonderful card.
Hugs
Heather

Carole Campanile said...

This card is gorgeous. I Love every single detail. Sketch, stamps, DP, colors and coloring, embellishments .... WOW. Well done!!!

~carole

Elena said...

This card is so beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

So Lovely, such pretty colors and love how you used the border punch for the corners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs