Friday, August 10, 2018

Gifts From The Sea ~ Power Poppy

 

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/search/label/Power%20%26%20Spark%20Challenge
Hello my creative friends!!  It's been awhile since I've posted here, and I'm excited to share a new project inspired by the new Power and Spark Challenge hosted by my dear friend Cindy Lawrence.  In fact, I do believe my card is heavily inspired by her card.  I didn't even think about it until I was photographing it.  What can I say...she's inspirational.

I used the new digital set called Gifts from the Sea because it fit so perfectly with the room I was inspired by.  I decorated my guest bathroom with plums and grays with some natural elements for decor.  The "vase" in the left corner of the vanity is actually a rock, with barnacles naturally attached to it, that I purchased as a souvenir from Tofino, Canada.   I added the silk accents later.

 

The shells in the bowl below were all collected from a beach in Sanibel Island, Florida.   You can see them in the mirror reflection.


Here's a close-up of the image.  I used a white gel pen to add some dots to the gray shell and Plumeria centers, as well as the word "ink".


That about sums up my project.  But you really must check out what the following Bloom Brigaders have created to inspire you today:

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
---you are here

Thanks a bunch for visiting!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  

Happy Stamping!!

____________________________________________

StampsGifts from the Sea (Power Poppy Digital)
Paper:  X-Press It
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn)
Accessories:  Copics 

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the soft coloring!

CherylQuilts said...

Tosh, what a gorgeous card! Your coloring is so beautiful and soft...makes me feel like I am relaxing at our favorite spot on the west coast of FL for vacation. Your guest bathroom is beautiful, and I love how it inspired you, and how neat that you collected the shells from Sanibel. We've been there many times and love it. It's definitely a quieter coast than South Florida. Stunning card, sweet friend! Thanks for sharing it! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs