Friday, August 24, 2018

Kindness is the Way ~ Power Poppy


Hello creative friends!!!  I hope your Friday is off to a beautiful start!!  We are finally cooling down in the Central Valley of California and it is soooooo welcomed!!  Now, we just need to get all the fires under control.  We are not in any threat of fires because we are in the center of farming country, but since we live in a valley, all the smoke and smog settles here.  We have a conundrum.  Rain and breezes would be nice to get rid of the smoke, but would be horrible for our crops.  *sigh*  Anyway...we are back in the 90's and we are even looking forward to some days in the actual 80's.  I don't even know if I remember what that feels like.  

On to my card, which is what you dropped by for in the first place.  I'm a bit late to the party with this fabulous (FREE for always) digital image, called Kindness is the Way, that Power Poppy released a little over a month ago.  Gerberas are one of my absolute favorite flowers.  And there is such a variety of colors to them that this image has unlimited possibilities.  

I thought it would be fun to just have color in the centers and sentiment, so I started by coloring the entire background with my Black Copic 100.

I then colored the individual flowers using grays and blues.  I colored the letters on a separate piece of X-Press It cardstock, cut them out and popped them up over the main piece in which I colored the letters all black so they would have a shadow when popped.




That's it for today's project.  Stop by the following Bloom Brigade Blogs for some more Power Poppy inspiration!!

Christine Okken
Kathy Jones
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here
    Happy Stamping!!

_______________________________________________

StampsKindness is the Way (Power Poppy Digital)
Paper:  X-Press It, Black and White (PTI)
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  A2 Matting Basics A (Spellbinders)
Copics:  B29, B28, B26, B23, C7, C5, C3, C1, 100
Accessories:  Dimensional Tape
 

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Well, it's good that it's cooling down some for you in farm country. I know we are still in the 80's and 90's during the day and are in the height of hurricane season. I pray that it will cool and that God would grant the fires to be quenched. I know you would love some clean air. I certainly LOVE your card with this gorgeous digi and really love the pale petals with the blue centers. Stunning coloring, and I love how you've fussy cut the letters and popped them up. What a dramatic and gorgeous way...I love it! Sending hugs and love, my friend! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs