Friday, August 17, 2018

Hops and Barley ~ Power Poppy



Hello, hello, hello!!!!  I hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to an even better weekend!!!  I'm looking forward to a "no pressure" kind of weekend.  No plans...nothing demanding...just going with the flow and getting done what gets done.  Does that make sense?  I'm not putting any pressure on myself.

We did, however, just get done celebrating my son's 28th birthday, thus the "Beer card".  Power Poppy's Hops and Barley digital stamp set could not be more perfect for him.  He is a beer "connoisseur"... according to this family.  He LOVES craft beer.  So much so, that he has just finished designing and building a fenced in garden plot to grow hops.  He did offer to share part of it with his wife to grow some herbs and vegetables though.  What a guy right?  ;)  I, myself, thinks beer tastes like what I would imagine gasoline would taste like.  No matter how much I've tried (and I have tried different brands...even ice cold), I just can't develop a taste for it.  So, I don't get this whole "craft beer craze".

All that being said, I really enjoyed coloring this no-line version of Hops and Barley.  I love Marcella's creative mind.  What a perfect set for Beer lovers!! 

I just used Copics, and left it in the diecut framing after cutting and sponged some Antique Linen and Pumice Stone Distress Inks around the borders to highlight the image even more.

Below is a close-up of the colors.


That's it for my project this week.

I hope you'll visit the following Bloom Brigade Blogs for some more Power Poppy Inspiration!!
 
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Katie Sims
Tosha Leyendekker

 

Thanks so very much for dropping by.  
  Happy Stamping!!

________________________________________________

StampsHops and Barley (Power Poppy Digital)
Paper:  X-Press It, Black (PTI), Bazzill
Ink:  Printer, Antique Linen and Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress)
CopicsHops ~ YG67, G23, YG13, YG00 Leaves ~ BG99, BG96, BG93, BG90, YG91, YG00 Wheat ~ E44, E43, E42, E41, Y00
Dies:  Scored and Pierced Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics

 

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Haha! Oh, Tosh, I'm with you about beer...giggled when I read about the "gasoline" comment. But I do LOVE your amazing coloring. You've truly brought this image to life with your no-line coloring. And the sentiment coloring is perfect along with the wonderful sponging and handsome frame. I'm sure he will love it very much!! Hugs, my friend! xoxo

905lovestostamp said...

Tosha, I just HAD to come in and leave a comment because I was absolutely entranced by your unbelievably detailed coloring, it honestly looks almost 3D! I am always in awe of anyone who can color well, and your coloring is so beyond great, what talent and artistry you have--WOW!!! I have many Power Poppy stamps but have been afraid to color many of them but I am determined to change this! I'm finishing a large set of hand-stitched cards for my Mom as a late 80th birthday gift (I have uploaded 2 of them on my SCS gallery, 905lovestostamp, but will be finishing about 30 hand-stitched backgrounds into a set of assorted cards my Mom can give to her stitching friends, she's a master cross-stitcher) plus I have worked on a large project of organizing all of my clear and cling stamps plus my dies by subject instead of by company plus a lot of mish-mash, now it's time to pull my whole craft room apart and take out a piano that I will sell/donate and do a ton of reorganizing, including perhaps taking most of my beloved older wooden stamps and put those into cling form, but not my bible verse stamps I think. Can't wait to use my craft room when it's completed, it's not a big room and right now my crafts are all over my dining room and I need to take that room back--I have plans to reinforce some shelves in assorted closets for my binders and another for paper and hopefully most everything else will fit. All to say it will be some months before I'm back in my craft room again but I cannot wait. At that point I hope to really devote some time to learning to color much better. You and the others on the DT at Power Poppy are such inspiration to me, and I love it that you are also a believer, there are so many Christians who are card-makers, which is such a blessing!

I'm afraid I agree with you and with Cheryl above (she's such a sweetie, she and I have communicated on SCS, she's been such a wonderful encouraging support to me and so many others on SCS) about beer! It's not for me!!! I tried a good friend's shandy (which is 2/3 ginger ale and 1/3 beer) and all I could taste was beer, I barely took a sip, blech, not for me! But your son is a craft enthusiast, and making it from scratch is an art form I am sure!

Sorry this is so long, thank you, Tosha for being such a blessing and an inspiration to me for so long, I should have written before--but when I saw your absolutely amazingly wonderful coloring of your focal image, I just HAD to stop and take time to leave you a comment.

Have a very blessed weekend,

Joanne (905lovestostamp)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Joanne, what sweet, sweet comments!!! Thank you so much for blessing me with your kind words. I have been coloring with Copics for quite a few years, and have taken a few classes from artists with different styles. In fact, in a couple of month's I'm going to attend Jennifer Buck's Boot camp in Phoenix. I still have a lot to learn. Alcohol markers do take practice, as does watercoloring which appears to be your "go-to". That is way harder for me. I would love to take classes for that medium.
And I agree. Cheryl is a dear, dear woman! She has a gift for encouragement like no other. I'm not on SCS very much anymore, however I credit them for where I am today. That's where I connected with so many dear people like yourself, and we are special friends to this day. Stitching? I purchased a die specifically for that, but have yet to venture that direction. I hope to. Thanks again for your generous comments. You blessed me greatly!! (HUGS)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs