Thursday, July 27, 2017

Pure Prairie Spirit ~ Power Poppy

 
http://powerpoppy.com/products/pure-prairie-bouquet/
Hello friends!!  It is day two of our Power Poppy sneak peaks, and for this day we're focusing on a new set called Pure Prairie Spirit.  It features the large Digital bouquet from Pure Prairie Bouquet, along with some beautiful butterflies and of course, the perfect sentiments!  

I chose to focus on one of the butterflies and two of the sentiments for my card today.  Now, I realize Monarchs are traditionally orange and black, but I took creative license here to match the papers I wanted to use as my backgrounds.  I wanted to work with vellum and a sweet little tag to feature some sentiments (which I often leave off of the outside of my cards so they are more versatile...I add the sentiments to the inside later when I know the occasion.)  This is what I came up with.  The butterfly is colored twice and the front wing is popped up a bit because if you've followed my blog, you know I love dimension.


I also added a bit of sparkle to the butterfly with a Clear Wink of Stella pen for a hint of sparkle.  If you click on the photo, the sparkle is more obvious.

That's it for my project today.  Check out these gals' blogs for some more incredible inspiration!!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here
Power Poppy 

Copics: Butterfly ~ RV55, RV63, Y13, RV21, T4 Lettering ~ RV63, YG03, Y13, Y17

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you've been enjoying the Power Poppy previews!!

  Happy Stamping!

______________________________________________________________

StampsPure Prairie Spirit (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Petal Lane Collection (BoBunny), Vellum (PTI)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black Onyx (Versafine)
Dies: Decorative Tags (Marianne Designs), Stitched Rectangle, and Scalloped Stitched Rectangle (Waltzingmouse)
Accessories:  Copics, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Clear Wink of Stella, Ribbon and String, Dimensional Tape

5 comments:

Trina P. said...

Lovely card. Love all the dimensions.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is gorgeous and so delicate! I love the softness of it and how beautifully your layout and elements work with the DP. And I love the dies you've used for the frame along with the tag. Sweetness!! Beautifully done, and now I look forward to tomorrow. So many beautiful things!! Hugs! xoxo

Liz Williams said...

What a sweet way to use this stamp!!

Jean said...

Simply lovely!

Lisa said...

Your creative license worked perfectly with the butterflies! The vellum with the tag and then the sentiments makes for a stunning visual!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs