Friday, July 7, 2017

Play Ball with Power Poppy

 

Hello my creative friends!!!  I have a patriotic, sporty, Power Poppy Birthday card to share with y'all today!  Julie, appropriately so, chose red/white/blue colors for the Hues to Use challenge this week, and I thought, a baseball card would fit perfectly with those colors since, in my humble opinion, baseball is America's sport.    I know some may disagree, but that's how I feel ;)  Mainly because I love baseball.

I took Power Poppy's Play Ball stamp set and stamped the equipment collage five times just so I could color and cut out the top baseball bat and one of the balls for my grouping.  

For the fence, I just took Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and ran it lightly over white cardstock until I achieved the look I was going for.  I then cut it into strips, trimmed off the corners and lined the strips up. 


For the inside, I added some scrap pieces of the dp I used on the front, as well as a stamped banner (I stamped the image on red and blue cardstock and adhered the cut blue piece to the red banner.  I also used my Misti to make sure I was able to line up the sentiment perfectly inside.  




http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/Since it's the beginning of the month, there's a new Power and Spark challenge too being hosted by our dear Ally.  She's challenging you to CASE one of the Bloomies.  Click HERE for all the details.

Power Poppy is also having a great sale while Marcella is on Vacation.  All Power Poppy Digis will be 20% off from July 6-14.  So be sure to head on over to the Power Poppy!!

For some more inspiration, head on over to the following Bloomie Blogs:

Cindy Lawrence
Kathy Jones
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here


That's it for me today!  I hope you had an awesome week, and have an even better weekend!!

  Happy Stamping!! 
 
__________________________________________________________________

StampsPlay Ball (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X- Press It, Kraft and White (PTI), Sweet Freedom (Pink Paislee), Work Hard, Play Hard (Carta Bella)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Hickory Smoke and Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles (JustRite)
Accessories:  Copics, Distrezz-it-All (Zutter), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Mini Stapler (Tim Holtz) 

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, what a fabulous masculine card! I love it and totally agree that baseball is America's sport! Hehe! I absolutely love it myself...played softball and even coached it too. What an amazing card with all the pieces of equipment you've colored and fussy cut (a gal after my own heart...). And I love the layout with the DP and distressing...and what a cool fence. Love this card! Hugs, sweet friend...keep cool and enjoy the weekend!

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK... Tosh this is so awesome... The fence looks amazing, very clever girl. The bats all lined up and the balls on the inside, oh I just ADORE all of this. So very fun and a fantastic guy card!!!

Kathy Jones said...

*THUD* Tosha you blow me away!! This card is just fantastic and that fence you created is just AMAZING!!! Love this to bits my friend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs