Saturday, July 29, 2017

Dahlia Framed ~ Power Poppy




http://powerpoppy.com/products/dahlia-xl/
Hello my dear creative friends!!!  Have you been enjoying the previews of the new Power Poppy clear stamp sets?  Oh my how I've loved seeing what the DT is doing with all these new images.  These gals are so super creative and talented!!  

Today we are featuring an incredible set called Dahlia XL And believe me...this baby is huge!  In an incredible way!  It's about 5"x5".  You can use the whole image, or just parts of it so really, you can make your project whatever size you want.

I really stepped outside of my box this time.  I decided to try my hand at "no-line" coloring for only the second time (If you don't count the Copic Coloring class I took awhile back).  I started by stamping the image with Tattered Rose Ranger Distress Ink, and colored it with my copics.  I really struggle with wanting to blend every line seamlessly, so this time, I let some boldness show through.  And I have to say, the more I look at it, the more I like it.  It's still growing on me though.

Below is a close-up so you can see the background a bit better.  IRL it's much more visible.  I just colored it with T1, and T0 before coloring the Dahlia, and used an old rag with some blending solution on it.



After coloring the Dahlia, I burnished it for some texture.  It's way more obvious in person.  

Below is a photo of where I have the image displayed.  I like the rustic feel of it.



Once again, that's it for my post today.  If you haven't already, check out the following Bloom Brigaders' blogs.  You won't want to miss a stop, let me tell ya!!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here
Power Poppy

Copics: Dahlia ~ R02, R01, R00, R000, R0000, E07, Dahlia Center ~ YR27, YR24, YR21, Y18, Background ~ T1, T0

The release is tomorrow y'all!!  And we still have one more...out-of-this-world set to share with you.  Truly, this one is incredible!!  I can't wait for you to see it!!  And.........there is going to be a super sweet promotion that you will want to get in on for sure!! 

Happy Stamping!
__________________________________________________________

StampsDahlia XL (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Smokey Shadow
Ink:  Tattered Rose (Ranger Distress) 
Accessories:  Copics, Frame (Hobby Lobby), Burlap, Copic Blending Solution 

9 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Girlfriend, you did such a beautiful job with this frame, not only is your no-line colouring amazing, but with the burlap and deep brown thick wood frame, it really takes on that rustic homey feel. Gorgeous work Tosh!

Helen said...

Tosh, this is truly a work of art. Thanks for sharing not only your beautiful dahlia creation but also the framing that showcases it so well.

Lisa said...

Oh, I love this! The rustic feel is exactly what caught my eye. You did a beautiful job with your coloring! I would definitely hang this in my house :)

CherylQuilts said...

Tosh, this is GORGEOUS! Your no-line coloring is amazing, and what a perfect color and such depth you've achieved! What a stunning close-up...wow! And how beautifully framed it is for a perfect accent in your home! You are so talented, sweet friend!! Hugs! xoxo

Trina P. said...

Pretty colour. Fun idea to frame it.

Jean said...

What a wonderful project! This is one beautiful flwoer!

Jen Timko said...

So, so pretty! Love this idea...truly worth framing!

Linda Carson said...

Wow that's lovely Tosh! Looks beautiful in your rustic frame!

Patti J said...

Love this! What a clever way to use this beautiful image! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs