Friday, July 14, 2017

Feeling Blue Tree Peonies ~ Power Poppy



Alright...I played with my Minc Machine again.  I can't help myself sometimes.  It's just so much fun and has such striking results.  It works so beautifully with Marcella's elegantly detailed images.

I wanted to participate in Julie's Hues to Use challenge this week and it's all about blues.  So, I created my background using Faded Jeans and Broken China Distress Ink Oxides.  I then created a collage of peonies using Power Poppy's Digital Tree Peonies and Photoshop.  I printed it out, photo copied it, and then ran it through the Minc Machine with White foil.  I stamped a sentiment, from the Burst of Kindness Power Poppy set, onto white cardstock and diecut it using a Stitched Fishtail Flag by Die-namics.

I used my Clear Wink of Stella pen to add some sparkly highlights, that you can see better in the enlarged photo below, and lastly, added some "water droplets" by squirting different sizes of Crystal Clear Glass Effect Gel (Viva), and Black Perlent-Pen (Viva) onto my craft mat and letting them dry;  that way I could control my sizes.  I then adhered them with Glossy Accents.



That about sums up my card for today.  Be sure to join in for our Hues to Use challenge...you could be one of our guest stars of this column in one of the upcoming weeks.

Now, for some more inspiration, check out the following Bloomie Blogs:
Christine Okken
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here


Thanks for dropping by!!  I hope you are enjoying a nice weekend

  Happy Stamping! 
____________________________________________________________

Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Faded Jeans and Broken China (Ranger Distress Oxide Inks), Black Onyx (Versafine), Photo Copier
Dies:  Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles (JustRite), Stitched Fishtail Flags (Die-namics)
Accessories:  Christmas Quilt Embossing Folder (Couture Creations), Minc Machine, White Minc Foil, Crystal Clear Glass Effect Gel (Viva Decor), Black Perlen-Pen (Viva Decor) 

4 comments:

Ann Wong said...

Lovey card!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Tosh, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE the blue Oxide inks...I've got them and made color swatches and need to start doing more with them. And NOW you have my wanting a MINC machine! I love these peonies with the white foil, and how beautifully you've finished it with the framing and lovely droplets with the perfect sentiment! I love it!! Hugs, sweet friend!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is just stunning!

Stacy Morgan said...

Thud.... Now that is perfect. The white embossing with the blue is wonderful. Oh I do love these petals, gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs