Friday, June 23, 2017

Fun Flock Bubbles and Fizz ~ Power Poppy

 
Happy, Happy weekend y'all!!!  This week just flew by for me.  And that's a good thing because we have been visiting the 100+ degree weather all week, and it's been quite the test of endurance let me tell you.  It's 109 as I'm typing this post, and we hit 111 a couple of days ago.  Can I get an awwwwwwww?  ;)

But...this card makes me smile with it's happy colors and fun textures!!  I had some super fun making this Power Poppy card this week,  because I hauled out an embellishment that I hadn't used in....well...quite some time.  Fun Flock!!!  There's a reason its name starts with the word "fun"!!  When I saw Marcy's new digital stamp set called Bubbles and Fizz, I knew immediately that I had to bring out the Fun Flock.  It gives the blooms such fun texture.  You just have to run your fingers over it.  And I didn't stop there...nosiree!!  I added some sparkly texture to the word "bubbly" too.  Yep!!  And, an embossed background along with a sweet little sparkly tassel to the side!  Told ya I had fun with this one!!

In case you're inspired to use some Fun Flock on future cards, let me share how I added it.  I first colored the blooms with Y13 so the base would match the Fun Flock.  I then added some Zig 2 Way Glue Squeeze and Roll by Kuretake to a few blooms at a time sprinkling Fun Flock on them and pressing it into the glue firmly so it adheres well.  Then, just shake your cardstock to the side and the excess falls away leaving a beautifully flocked bloom that you just can't help but touch.

Here's a close up so you can see the texture better.  For an even closer look, click on the photo.




http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/06/black-white-read-all-over.html
Have you tried the Hues to Use it inspiration yet?  We would love to see how you are inspired with it!!  I would have used red flock if I had it, but yellow is the actual color of this bloom, and it just felt like such a happy color too.



That's it for my project today, but peeps, there is a whole lot more inspiration to be viewed by the super creative Bloom Brigade!!  Check out the following blogs:

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


CopicsLeaves ~ G28, G46, G24, YG23 Sentiment ~ V93, V91

So glad you dropped by!!  For those of you in the middle of summer, stay cool!!  I know I'm not venturing out any more than I have to.
 
  Happy Stamping!
______________________________________________________________

StampsBubbles and Fizz Digital (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Take Me Away (Pink Paislee)
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle (Waltzingmouse)
Accessories:  Copics, Fun Flock, Designer Trim (Webster's Pages), 1" Corner Rounder (EK Success) 

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, what a fun, fun card! I love the yellow wattle, and the Fun Flock must be super cool and so "I just have to touch them!" Love the layout and the added designer trim. It's perfect. No, you have an "awwwwww" from me! Girl, that's hot! We are hot here, but at least we have some breeze having the Gulfstream offshore that helps moderate our temps. But it's been a hot one, and I think this hurricane season is going be an active one. Keep cool, and have a great weekend, and I hope all your precious animals endure the heat. Hugs and love! xoxo

Natalie said...

Your card is so cute with the fun flock! Yikes, that is some hot weather!

Essie said...

Love this happy card!

McStamper said...

Love your card design and the addition of fun flock looks perfect.

ChristineCreations said...

Perfect fluffy embellishing for these fun flocked bubbly blooms! What a fun design Tosh!

Kathy Jones said...

EEEEEP!!!! I love that you used the fun flock!!! Perfect for a wattle flower!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so cheerful with the yellow and I do like the fun flock. Great texture idea. Very sweet and cheerful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs