Friday, January 29, 2016

Follow Your Heart with Power Poppy




Woo-Hoo!!  The weekend is here!!  Now, I don't know why I'm so excited.  I don't have anything big planned.  I guess it's just the idea that tomorrow is Saturday.  

And since it is Friday, I have a fabulous new Digital image to share with y'all called Follow Your Heart!!  Marcella has designed THE MOST GORGEOUS heart shaped bouquet of roses!!  (The new image was showcased it earlier this week...check out the Power Poppy Blog for all the links)  Seriously...isn't this image just divine?  And how fun to color.  I colored my bouquet with Copics, cut it out, and burnished it.  I first traced the individual roses with a stylus (with the image laying on a sturdy foam mat), and then I turned it over, and with a larger stylus roller, I burnished the back in between the tracings.  Make sense?  It really is a challenge to see in a photograph, but irl it has some depth and texture.  

I also embossed the background panel with an embossing folder to give it texture to tie it in with the heart.  Below is a close up look.  



I made a frame using 6x6 Matting Basics A (Spellbinders), and used a gold Krylon pen to frame the inside.  I framed the heart using a small die from the Opulent Ovals die set from Spellbinders also, and again added a gold frame with my Krylon pen.

Now, I was a bit frustrated...you know how you work hard to color an image, get it just the way you want it, and decide to add that little extra oompf, only to ruin it?  Yep...that's exactly what I did!!  Arrrrggghhhhh!!!  My Wink of Stella pen totally threw up onto one of my roses.  I was crushed.  I tried to thin it out, but to no avail.  The damage was done.  So, while all the roses but one have just a hint of sparkle, one of them is inundated with it.  *sigh*  Oh well...guess it wanted to stand out and be an individual.

Copics:  Hot Pink Roses: RV69, RV19, RV14, RV13, RV10 Light Pink Roses:  RV34, RV32, RV10 Arrow:  T8, T6, T4, T0

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2016/01/new-year-new-challenge.html
Have you participated in this month's Power and Spark challenge "Stretch Yourself"?  If not, you still have time to enter and have a chance at winning a free clear or digital image of your choice.  All you have to do is create a "tall card" using something new to you, whether it be a technique, a fold, a stamp image, etc.  


Well, that's it for me today.  Be sure to stop by the following Bloom Brigaders if you haven't already:



Thanks so much for dropping by!!  I hope you have a most fabulous weekend!!

Happy Stamping!
_____________________________________________________________________________

StampsFollow Your Heart (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Amour (Carta Bella), X-Press It, White (PTI)
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  6x6 Matting Basics A, Opulent Ovals (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Gold Krylon Pen, Rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), Embossing Folder (We R Memory Keepers), Wink of Stella (Zig) 

4 comments:

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is wonderful.
Annette

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely stunning Tosh! I think my glitter pen has done exactly the same thing to my stuff too! None the less, it's an amazing creation! I love that embossing folder texture!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, look how pretty this is on the quilted background! I NEED that embossing folder! Your coloring is gorgeous, Tosh, even though Stella threw up on it. I've had that happen before, too, grrrr! Love how you framed it and put the senti in the pretty die cut. So gorgeous!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is gorgeous, and I just love the quilted background too. I finally was able to buy that, I can know just how it must look IRL, along with the burnishing you did on the heart - oh, my! LOVE! And the frame is a perfect idea with the gilded edges. But, oh my, have we all not had something throw up on our cards?! But I'm sure only you would notice it after it gets an attitude adjustment - hehe! But truly, it's gorgeous, Tosh, and I love the sentiment! Hugs, sweet friend! And now it's Tuesday already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs