Friday, February 5, 2016

Magnolia Sunshine and a challenge with Power Poppy



http://powerpoppy.com/
Happy Friday my creative friends!!!  I'm excited to share a couple of Power Poppy cards with you today.  

Power Poppy is buzzing this week!!!  First off, Marcella is introducing a new digital image called Magnolia Sunshine

This bouquet is filled with some of Marcy's mother's favorite flowers, and is a delightful burst of Spring!!  I made mine a bit large and diecut a portion of it.  It's colored with Copics and sprinkled with a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU!).  I used the A2 Divine Eloquence die, as well as Labels 28 (Spellbinders) to frame the image and added some Shabby White Embossing Enamel (Stampendous) to it, as well as some Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh).  Stop by the Power Poppy Blog to see what the Instant Gardeners have to share, as well as my fellow Bloomie, Christine!!



http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/
Since this is the first Friday of the month, Power Poppy is introducing a new Power and Spark challenge by Ally.  She's challenging us to "Switch up our Shades".  That means, she wants us to use a different coloring medium than we usually do.  Since I tend to go straight for my Copics, I decided to use my Distress Markers for my next card.

I started by stamping the backpack image, from the Well Played set (Power Poppy), with Versamark, onto some watercolor paper.  I then embossed it with some Black ep (Ranger) and colored it with my Distress Markers and a water pen.  That's it.  I went totally monochromatic! 





Check out the following Bloom Brigaders for some more creative inspiration:
 
So, I've mentioned two new things, but there is one more....


Power Poppy is being featured on the Daily Marker Blog as a team that is playing along in Kathy Racoosin’s 30 Day Coloring Challenge!  Be sure to stop by and check it all out!!

That's is finally it y'all!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!  I'll list the Copics and Distress Markers I used below before signing off.

Copics:  Magnolia ~ RV34, RV11, RV10 Daffodils ~ YR16, Y17, Y15, Y11 Snowdrops ~ B37, B34, B32 Leaves ~ G28, G14, G07, YG05, YG11 Stems E35, E34, E31, YG11

Distress MarkersBackpack ~ Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Hickory Smoke Accessories:  Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet Background: Mermaid Lagoon

Happy Stamping!!

17 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, my goodness. This card is drop dead gorgeous. I am in awe. Thanks for sharing.

Patti J said...

Stunning card! Love these Flower Poppy images, and oh my goodness, you have colored and framed this one beautifully!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, I love your card with the new Magnolia Sunshine digi! And you've used one of my favorite decorative dies with such gorgeous sparkle! I love it, and your coloring is beautiful with the cropped image - stunning! And woohoo for you that you used Distress Markers on the second card. I love your coloring and colors and really love the die and embossing folder you've used. It's a lovely card for a girl! Two cards today, and I love them both! Hugs, sweet friend!

Unknown said...

I love the die cut you used to layer your card! Great job!

ChristineCreations said...

Such great cards Tosh! You are a magician with the bouquet...those touches of sparkle and the softness create such a great effect. I really love that you’ve just used part of the illustration too.

And that backpack! Such great watercolouring! Is that an embossing folder or did you create it yourself? The pillow effect is so great!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, your Magnolia Sunshine card is so soft and feminine and gorgeous! Love the die set and the shabby embossing. Absolutely stunning! And you made two cards! Way to go, Tosh! Super watercoloring on the second, and LOVE that quilted background. Wow!

choman9912@aol.com said...

The cards are a hit! I love that one of the challenges is to try something different. Thanks for sharing!

Dot J Freel said...

Stunning card and image!

cghundley said...

Your flower card is
beautifully done. Love
the sparkle.
Carla from Utah

Pauline said...

Tosh, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love that you cropped a portion of the digi image, and how you coloured and framed it is stunning! Love all your finishing touches!

janelle winchcole said...

Hi, this is so very pretty and feminine with it's beautiful border and touches of sparkle. x

Teresa Doyle said...

Tosha, both cards are wonderful but your first one is SO elegant! Just absolutely stunning!

Kathy Jones said...

Swoon! Not one but TWO stunning cards! Looooooove how you used the image on the first one and the framing and sequins are gorgeous! The second is awesome - perfect for a teen with its slightly grungy look and I *LOVE* the embossed background!! STUNNING!!!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous cards, both of them. I am so impressed with your design. After seeing that die used for the second time, I went online and purchased it. The second card is perfect for a teenage girl and I will be finling this away for my granddaughter's next birthday.

Helen Gullett said...

Wow!! Your coloring is stunning and adding that glitter on the flowers just make it soooooooooo gorgeous!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Tosha your cards are wonderful. I love the die you chose to use as it is simply a perfect choice with that digi stamp image. Just beautiful. Cheers.

D.Ann C said...

Gaaaa.... the flowers, the sparkle, the FRAME!! lOVE IT ALL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs