Thursday, June 27, 2013

Waltzingmouse June Release Previews ~ Day One





Hello friends, and welcome to Day 1 of Waltzingmouse's Release Previews.  Today we are sharing previews of two charming sets:  You're A Doll, and its compliment, You're A Doll Additions.  The first set is full of images you can mix and match to build and decorate nesting dolls.  The possibilities are endless.  In fact, I used some of the images for something other than their intentions for my second card.

For my first card I wanted to share this beautiful Nesting Doll image.  Isn't she charming?  I colored her with Copics and framed her using a couple of Spellbinders Dies:  Opulent Ovals and Timeless Rectangles.  The background was created using Nostalgia Core'dinations cardstock along with the embossing folder Dandiya (Couture Creations).  I then sanded the embossed layers, and added some pearls around the oval frame (Zva Creative).



This new You're A Doll set combines beautifully with a previously released set called Folk Art Labels No. 25, so I thought why not just combine a sentiment from the You're A Doll Additions set with it and include it on the inside.  A perfect fit!!





 Okay, now for my second project.  I took what's supposed to be the nesting doll caps, turned them upside down, added a leafy center and woila....they look like tulips.  The circle opening is supposed to be used for the doll faces, but I put flowers (included in this set) in the centers instead and added some rhinestones.   The sentiment is from the You're A Doll Additions set.

Well, that's it from me today.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team has to share.  With this creative bunch, you won't want to miss a stop.

Here's a list:

That's all folks!
Thanks so very much for stopping by.
Be sure to visit tomorrow for some more previews.


__________________________________________________________

Stamps:  You're A Doll and You're A Doll Additions (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Cryogen White and Nostalgia Core'dinations
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Purple Hydrangea (VersaMagic), Tuxedo Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Labels 25, Opulent Ovals and Timeless Rectangle Dies (Spellbinders), Copics, Pearls (Zva Creative, Want2Scrap, Kaisercraft), Dandiya Embossing Folder (Couture Creations 

9 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, Tosh...
I'm dying over those tulips....
eeekkkk!!!!
Leave it to you to see them...
and now I want to do them too! :)
These are gorgeous...
that stunning doll...
as always you just inspire! :)

Julia Aston said...

what wonderful layers of die cuts Tosh! love the colors and the sanded paper - and your 'tulips' are such a creative use of that stamp!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your creative twist with the tulips! Beautiful colors and love the sanded BGs! This nesting doll brings back memories of my parents' visiting Russia and bringing me a set of dolls as a souvenir!

Jeanne J. said...

Well look at you Tosh you clever girl - I had to look at that last one for a few minutes to figure it out! I can't believe you turned babushkas into tulips - but you did and it looks amazing! Your first card has me drooling with the fancy die cuts, pearls and your beautiful coloring... green eyes? stunning!

LaurieJ said...

Oh my goodness, your tulips are so creative!! And your first card is so lovely - the details and texture are perfect.

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are wonderful Tosh! Love the frame and layers on the first one. The second one has all that white that makes me smile. Wonderful cards.

Conniecrafter said...

The doll is too cute, great coloring and love the framing of the dies and pearls.... very creative with the stamping on the second, so great to have more than one use out of a stamp!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness!!!! These are jaw droppingly beautiful!!!

Jill Norwood said...

What stunningly gorgeous cards! And making tulips is such a creative use for this stamp set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs