Thursday, June 6, 2013

Textures of Nature ~ Flourishes

Wow! This is an exciting day for me.   At the beginning of the year I cut back on my design team commitments because I wanted to explore other areas of creating.  Although I've enjoyed doing that, I realized that paper crafting is where I'm the happiest.  I was also really missing having more deadlines.  Have any of you felt like the deadlines were overwhelming, but when they were gone you realized they were actually quite inspiring?  Well, that's what happened to me, and just when I was at my peak of suffering from withdrawl, Christine contacted me and asked if I would like to join the Flourishes Senior Design Team.  Talk about perfect timing!!  So now I am thrilled to share with ya'll that I've joined this elite team of paper crafters, colorists, and just plain genuinely warm ladies, and I couldn't be happier!!  

Enough about me, this post is really about this weeks Flourishes Challenge.  And it's a fun one!!

JuneRWGraphic In just a few short days we'll be unveiling a new round of stamps at Flourishes inspired by the outdoors, and we're really excited to show them to you. So today, we're challenging you to be inspired by the TEXTURES of nature!

 HOW TO PLAY: Create something with an outdoorsy texture in mind - or use an element from nature as part of your design. It could be the texture in an embossing folder that has woodgrain, leaves or vines, it could be a leaf rubbing behind your image, something glossy like rain or shiny like a berry. The interpretation is up to you!



 Let me share with you how I was inspired by this week's challenge.

Flourishes, Bees, Bee Skep, Copic, Nature


I LOVE Bee Skeps and actually have quite a few.  One of which is from Germany and is over 100 years old.  I think they're beautifully designed and ooze character and texture.  So I thought the Bee My Honey set as well as the Honeycomb background image would work beautifully for today's challenge.  

I colored the Honeycomb background image, with Copics, to use as a border. I stamped the bee skep and it's beautiful flowers from the Bee My Honey set in the corner, colored them with Copics and gave the flowers a bit of sparkle with some glitter.



 For the inside I included the charming honeypot from the Bee My Honey set, with one of the sweet sentiments as well as one of the darling bees.

Here are the Copic Collections I used.

 
 
 
 
 


That's how I interpreted the Texture Challenge for today.
  
If you play along with us, you could win Flourishes entire June Stamp Release! If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCJUN13. You can enter as many times as you like, but we want you to know if you use your Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until Friday June 14, 2013 at 5 PM EST to enter. Just be sure to enter your creation using our InLinkz Widgit on the Flourishes Blog. Enjoy exploring those nature textures! How would you like to be inspired by our Senior Design Team before you get started? Hop on over to:
THE OFFICIAL RULES:
  • Simply create a card using any textures from nature, or inspired by nature
  • Entries need to be in by Friday June 14th, 5 PM EST
  • Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
  • You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
  • You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
  • Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don't combine will be in the running
  • If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCJUN13
  • We'll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner's Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday June 15th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
Thanks a bunch for dropping by!  I hope you have a fantastic, fun-filled weekend!!
See you TUESDAY June 11 when Sneak Peeks start!


Happy Stamping!


___________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Bee My Honey, Honeycomb (Flourishes)
Paper:  Cryogen White 
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories:  Copics, Natural Burlap String, Sparklet (Webster's Pages), Corner Rounder Punch, Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen

19 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

:) I'm just giddy you're here! And I love that you used the bee skep! Gorgeous use of the honeycomb too Tosha, it's so completely rich looking! A beautiful start to a wonderful Flourishes career!

Linda Carson said...

Yea! So glad Flourishes got you at your lowest withdrawal point!! Love your card and your creative style!

Wanda Cullen said...

Congrats on becoming a senior design team member! I've always loved your cards and can't wait to see what you'll create with Flourishes' wonderful images! Especially love the honeycomb border with twine and button...perfect with the bee theme!

Allison Cope said...

Congrats Tosha and welcome to the Flourishes family! So happy you're joining the team! Wow... your card is stunning. The honeycomb just screams 3D on your card front it's so beautifully coloured! Congrats again!

Katie Sims said...

Ooooooo, this is so sweet! Love your bee skep and your use of the honeycomb stamp! So glad you are with the Flourishes team! :)

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute inside and out. Your twine bow is very pretty. :)

Jami said...

Wow Toasha - that's awesome! Congratualtions! And your card is gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful coloring on that honeycomb Tosh - and I love what you stamped on the inside!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your new Sr DT member gig! This card is magnificent! OMGosh, the way you colored the honeycomb strip, alone, makes me love the card, but then the images on the front, as well as inside are stunning, too! I'm looking forward to seeing you over at Flourishes!!!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty cards!Love your stamps,coloring is awesome!Congrats!!!

TLady said...

CONGRATULATIONS TOSH for being on the Flourishes Design Team!!!!!!!!!!! :)
GORGOUS WORK!!!!!!!!! :) I too LOVE the way you colored the Honey Comb!!!!!! JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous CAS design Tosha! Your coloring ROCKS!!!!

Susie said...

Congratulations, Tosh. I've been following your blog since 2010 and have enjoyed all your creations. You're the perfect choice to round out this wonderful team of designers. I look forward to seeing your cards using stamps from one of my favorite companies!

Sincerely,
Susie Lessard ~
My Blog: www.summerwalkdesigns.com
SCS Gallery: paperpunchscissors

Ravengirl said...

Ahhh, this is gorgeous! Flourishes is a great match for you!

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it great how things work out just when they are suppose too :)
Beautiful coloring and love your inside too!

Julie Koerber said...

OH MY!!!! The way you used that honeycomb background is -- AMAZING! I have never seen it colored up that way and gosh, the depth of color! Love the card altogether! Welcome aboard Ms. Tosha -- I can see already you are going to be a huge inspiration! :-)

Silke Ledlow said...

Welcome to the Flourishes family Tosha! We are all so excited that you've joined us!!! As always your card is GORGEOUS and I really like how you used the background stamp...so cool...I had to look twice!!! Hugs ~S~

Amanda said...

Be still my heart! You have a way with color and Copics that I love! This card is super Amazing! I love it :)

Unknown said...

You nailed the challenge, Tosha!! I love your honeycomb border! Beautiful CAS card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs