Thursday, June 27, 2013

Friday Flourishes ~ Beach Life


Happy Friday Flourishes Friends! How is the weather in your neck of the woods? Is that summer heat getting you down? Well today the Flourishes Senior Design Team has a treat for you focusing on three beautiful summery sets: Beach Life, Seaside Life and Guiding Light, because we know that this time of year makes you long for those cool ocean breezes.



I love the Flourishes set Beach Life!  The adirondack chair was just calling to me. (*grin*)  The sound of the ocean waves crashing is so relaxing to me, so I thought I'd create a scene using the Victor Hugo quote with the chair and sailboat images.

I wanted to do some masking and embossing, so I started by cutting out a masked shape using Eclipse Tape.  I also stamped the adirondack chair onto the Eclipse Tape and cut it out to place over my stamped image so after I was done adding the ink, it was a clean white surface to color.

I used all Ranger Distress Inks:  Water ~ Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky, Sky ~ Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door, Sand ~ Pumice Stone, Gathered Twigs and Brushed Corduroy.  My sand got a bit dark, but this was my second attempt (I forgot the water on the first one...doh!!) and I liked how the sky and water turned out.

I colored the chair and the little sailboat with Copics, and embossed the frame using a Standard Rectangle die (Spellbinders).  Lastly, I added some score lines using my Scor-Buddy, rounded the corner using a Corner Rounder Punch, and added some waves with a white Sharpie.  I also used a white colored pencil to add a bit of texture to the clouds.

I also wanted to mention that Beach Life is currently out of stock, but it should be in the store soon.  So be sure to check back.  It's a sweet set with tons of summer lovin' possiblities!!
I used R24 for the sailboat.

That's it for me today...a one-layer CAS card.

Now, head on over and visit the rest of the gals if you haven't already been to their blogs:

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Stamping!


______________________________________________________________________


10 comments:

Tricia T said...

Tosha - this is fantastic! WOW! I love the masking and the embossed frame for your sentiment. Beautiful work!!!!

Tricia

TLady said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL TOSHA!!! :) I AGREE with Mrs. GraceWorks! :) Your card makes me want to sink into that chair too!!!!!!!! We'll have to bring some of that LEMONADE from Heather's blog too!!!!!!!!:)

ChristineCreations said...

WOW is all I can say. That masking is amazing with the blocks of colour. Showstopper card girl!

Unknown said...

Wow!! This is stunning!! You created such a pretty scene with masking! I love it!

JoAnn P said...

I love the embossing, great idea!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Love your coloring!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome, love the embossing around the quote and your scene is too cool, great effect!

Stacy Morgan said...

Holy smokes... Now that is so COOL!!! I like how you have the color and the masking. This is just super cool!

Heather Rogers said...

Great design Tosh! I like how you embossed the sentiment off to the side. :)

Amanda said...

I love your eye for design, Tosha! I love your design and the way you have a unique eye and take on our stamp sets :) I love coming over and seeing what you have for us each week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs