Monday, June 17, 2013

Waltzingmouse Blog Party ~ Summertime Fun


It's the 17th, and that means it's time for a Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party.  This month's theme is "Summertime Fun".  So I thought this would be a perfect time to haul out my "My Island" set and get to playing.  I first stamped the palm trees with Tea Leaves Chalk Ink (VersaMagic), then added the distressed oval with Smokey Gray (Versafine), and lastly the sentiment using Onyx Black (Versafine).  I love how the design turned out.

To finish off the card, I added some score lines along the top and left side and some Washi Tape (Webster's Pages).  And there you have it.  A one layer CAS card that says summer to me.  Oh how I wish I were on an island right now.  :)

We'd love to have you join us too.  All you have to do is make a card, with this month's theme, using Waltzingmouse images and link it on the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog.  On the 20th of the month – we will highlight a few of the entries that really catch our eye and you'll be able to see those here on the WMS blog.  We give special attention to designs that  use WMS use images in a unique and creative way.  We will also select and announce our winner of the FREE stamp set of choice, using a random generator from those participating in the Blog Party!  Click HERE for more details.
_________________________________________________________________

StampsMy Island (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Tea Leaves (VersaMagic), Smokey Gray and Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Scor-Buddy, Washi Tape (Webster's Pages), Rhinestone (Pizzazz Aplenty)

21 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Tosha I love every detail of this CAS card.

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful CAS design on this Tosh - love the gray and green color combination and the fun torn edge washi tape!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is great Tosha...I could go for a refreshing beverage under the shade of one of these trees.

Love the dreamy colors!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous clean and simple card! Love it!

Renee said...

Oh, Tosh this is gorgeous!
Simple...
stunning...
and so perfect! :)
You always create the most gorgeous projects and make them look so easy!

LaurieJ said...

Gorgeous! So fresh. Perfect color scheme!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you made your focal point.

Cathy Weber said...

After seeing this gorgeous card with the palm trees and washi tape, I have got to get this stamp set! I love what you have done, the green palm tree inside the tea colored frame is so striking.

Cassie_lu said...

love the design of this card. the way you layered the sentiment over the palm scene and then framed it is brilliant.

-Aneta- said...

Clean and simple ....AND STUNNING :) This is such a beautiful card !

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Tosh, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love, love, love!

Marlena M. said...

I love your design here Tosha! Fantastic washi too~

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Great card--I love the colors and your embossing accents!

Chris L.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is fabulous! Your design is stunning and love your palm trees with the sentiment stamped over them. So fun.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning, CAS genius!! I love this - hugs to you missy!

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly clean and simple, and I just love the colours too. I like the touch of bling!

Claire said...

Oh I love this totally CAS card Tosha and the colours are fabulous!

Kary said...

Simply Fabulous!! Love the CAS design!! Love it!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, love this! :)

Vickie Z said...

Perfect CAS card!! Love the round image with palm trees and placement of sentiment!! Perfect use of the washi tape...I soo struggle with using washi!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute, this is a great CAS design too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs