Monday, May 7, 2012

Waltzingmouse May 2012 Release ~ Day 3


I have a few cards to share with you today for Day 3 of May's Waltzingmouse Stamps release.
First up is a beehive card. I collect bee skeps, and have had a fascination with bees for quite some time. It's been said that it's a miracle that a bee can fly. Because aerodynamically it should be impossible for them to fly with the wings they were given in proportion to their body. But the bee doesn't know that. :)

Anyway, my heart just melted when I saw the sentiment "you're the bee's knees" in this new Compact Sentiments~Part 2 set. I wanted to put a bee skep on my card, so I drew one out and used different dp for each section. Of course there needed to be a bee on the card too, so I added a brad with a bee image on it to the sentiment flag.

(Click on the photo to see the detail in the backgrounds)

I also made some graduation gift cards using an easy tutorial by Laurie Schmidlin. Click HERE for the tutorial. I needed 9 graduation cards this year. Only one of them being for a girl. I'm not finished with that one yet, so I'll have to share it at a later date.

I loved the sweet little "you rock" sentiment from Compact Sentiments~Part 2 set, so I thought it'd be easy and fun to mass produce similar cards with different bg images stamped with the Off Beat Backgrounds and Heirloom Patterns sets. I just diecut a star using a Star die (Spellbinders), and punched out the sentiment using the Word Window punch (SU!).


For the inside I added some sentiments from the Halfpint Heroines set. I thought they'd be perfect for these little gift card holders.


That's it for today's projects. I have saved my favorite for the hop tomorrow. So be sure to stop by again!!

Here's a list of the WMS dt's links in case you missed one along the way. :)

Anya Schrier
Beeca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Claire Brennan - Owner
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for dropping by!!
Happy Stamping!! :)

post signature

________________________________________________________

Beehive card
Stamps: Compact Sentiments~Part 2 (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Be Amazing (Follow Your Heart MME), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Smokey Gray (Versafine), Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Brad (MME), Sewing Machine, Distrezz-it-All (Zutter)

Gift Card Holders
Stamps: Compact Sentiments~Part 2 , Halfpint Heroines, Heirloom Patterns, Off Beat Backgrounds (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: White (PTI)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine), Apricot, Latte, Lichen, French Roast, Sage, Sky (a muse)
Accessories: Star die (Spellbinders), Word Window Punch (SU!), Corner Rounder Punch, Quickie Glue Pen, Crystal Glitter

18 comments:

Clare said...

So much inspiration here! The bee skep is amazing!

Gabriela said...

Oh what a darling beehive card! The combination of DPs stitched together so meticulously are quite the show stoppers on your card, Tosh. Pure goodness!

Karen M said...

Beautiful card, Tosh. I LOVE your vintage colours and that is such a fab idea to make a little beehive! Kx

Super Jen said...

Love all you've done today. The bee skip is super creative and so rich in depth and texture. And CAS is close to my heart so I love your other two projects as well!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful projects Tosh! love the bee skep (new word for me!) with all the distressing and pretty colors - and your grad gift cards are wonderful - love the backgrounds and simple design!

Anonymous said...

I just love the graduation cards! I especially love how you added the sentiment to the inside. I'm definitely ging to be borrowing these ideas!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful collection of cards Tosha!

Sandie said...

Beautiful card and the giftcard holders are wonderful idea. TFS!

Holly saveur said...

STUNNING beehive card!Love it such a super idea!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

How cute is your beehive?!? Love it!!

Renee said...

That beehive is just so adorable...
absolutely love it!!
And that notecard set...
perfect!!
You really rocked this release...
and can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow!! :)

Helen Berry said...

I absolutely love the paper pieced beehive - how gorgeous! Perfect and so creative. The graduation gift card holders are amazing too.

Vickie Z said...

Love the beehive!!! Gift cards a perfect with bg stamps and sentiments!?

Cathy Weber said...

This is a gorgeous, lacy little bag with the sweetest tag and sentiment. The lace is such a beautiful element. This should have been for the blog party! Great idea.

Becca Feeken said...

Beautiful!! Love your card set and that's an amazing gift card holder for a young one!

Rizwana said...

A beautiful set of cards love the little graduation gift cards and the lovely background papers.

Deborah Frings said...

Love, love the bee hive card - so many lovely details. But my favourite are the "you rock" set - great backgrounds and colours - fab!

anya said...

Tosh, your bee hive card is one of my favorites. You used the most perfect combination of elements - I love, love it. Big fan of your gift card holders, too, they are simple but look really fab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs