Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life is eternal


It's always hard when a friend is suffering a loss. Especially when they live so far away, and there's very little you can do to help. Thankfully, there is a way to reach across the miles to let them know how much you care and are thinking of them.

I made this card for such a friend. Claire Brennan, owner of Waltzingmouse Stamps, and one of the sweetest ladies I know, recently lost her mother. I lost my mother over 17 years ago, so I understand a bit (even though everyone's loss is different), of the emptiness she must be going through right now.

Anyway, Waltzingmouse stamps has a sentiment for just about any thought you might want to convey, and I thought this sentiment from the Words of Wisdom set was beautiful and so fitting! "Life is eternal and love is immortal and death is only a horizon and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight." R W Raymond

I hope you are having a blessed day!!
Happy Stamping my friends!!

post signature

_______________________________________________________

Stamps: Words of Wisdom (Waltzingmouse Stamps)

Paper: Down the Boardwalk (We R Memory Keepers), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Smokey Gray (Versafine), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Mix'd Media Elements and Labels Sixteen dies (Spellbinders), Flower Punches (PunchBunch), Weaved ribbon (May Arts), Wrinkled Ribbon (PrairieBirdBoutique), Wooden Heart Button (Prima), Fibers, Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Diamond Stickles, Pearls (Pizzaz Aplenty)

14 comments:

Venus and Luanne @ Sisters Craft Cafe said...

very very beautiful card and sentiment.

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous. it's obvious a lot of love went into its creation.

Ann Marie Governale said...

Just beautiful and heartfelt. THe sentiment is perfect. I learn so much from your blog and your work. Thanks so much. xxx Ann Marie

Gabriela said...

Tosh - you picked the perfect quote/sentiment for your card. It moved me when I read it, as does the exquisite quality of your artwork. This card is sure to become a treasured keepsake for Claire. You are soulful and loving friend to Claire and many.

Runs with Scissors said...

A beautiful sentiment to go with your beautiful card. I am awaiting my first order from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

Earline said...

Thank God for those friend(s)who are there when it truely matter and who have the heart of love and compassion and you are one. I know she will hold this card dear to her. This is a beautiful card you have made and it is on of the hardest kind to make for anyone may God bless her and give her strength doing this time.I will be praying for her and I know other will just let her know for us

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card and sentiment.

Marisa said...

Lovely colours and love the embossing and sponging around the sentiment panel. I'm sure your card will life her spirits and let her know you care :)

Luanne said...

Claire will be so touched. This is beautiful. I get it, lost my my 3-1/2 years ago...

nwilliams6 said...

Dreamy!!!! Love the feel of this BEAUTIFUL card!!!! Seriously makes me want to go create something wonderful!

JoAnn said...

Love, love, love this card and verse. What a wonderful gift for someone who is grieving. Good job!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! My mom is still alive, can't imagine losing her..brings tears to my eyes just stating that!!! Verse is wonderful, I'm sure Claire will treasure it!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, she will be so touched by this!!

momandmec said...

O I N V U. Oh I envy you! your cards are great...would love to be able to avoid housework and spend all my time making cards. I am happy for you Irene T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs