Thursday, May 17, 2012

Negative Space Card Trio

(Click on the photo to see the sentiments and details better.)

I've been seeing a lot of "negative" space being used on cards lately, with punches or dies, so I thought I'd try my hand at it with some punches and some of my favorite sentiments. Verve is known for having wonderful sentiments with fabulous fonts that always seem to be perfect for the style you're going for. I chose to use a set called Small Phrases. It has 22 phrases. Seriously...22 and they cover the gamut of topics from baby shower to anniversary and birthday, and a variety of "thoughtful" phrases. I used three of them on my "mini set" today.

I love mini cards. They're perfect for tucking in gift packages or lunch boxes, or just leaving on a desk for someone who needs a "pick-me-up". I used three sentiments: "I thought of you today", "you are loved", and "so proud of you". Fabulous little encouragements. These babies are only 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".

For my background, I took a Sizzix embossing folder and only covered half of the card with it. I love how it turned out.

That's it for today.
Sorry I've been MIA for so long. My son graduated from Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington this weekend, so we've been getting ready for the trip, and then spent 3 days there this past weekend. I'm just now getting caught up. :)

Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you're having a fantastic week!!
Happy Stamping!!

post signature

______________________________________________________

Stamps: Small Phrases (Verve)

Paper: Bazzill and White (PTI)
Ink: Smokey Gray (Versafine)
Accessories: Lacey Squares (Spellbinders), Flourishes, Dots and Ribbons embossing folder (Sizzix), Punches (Martha Stewart and Punch Bunch)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! And though you say they are small they sure pack a big punch!! Congratulations on the college graduation of your son:)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, these are GORGEOUS! I LOVE them and may need to CASE them! :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous set of CAS cards :) Love the touch of embossing.

Anonymous said...

LOVELY CLEAN CRISP CARDS SIMPLE YET ELEGANT

HUGS RIZWANA

Colleen said...

Oh, how lovely these are.
How cool making holiday ones and putting on Christmas packages.
ColleenB.

Runs with Scissors said...

I love these. Excuse me while I run to my craft room to do some of those. Thank you so much for the idea.

Tammy said...

Tosh!! Very lovely!! I love all of the different styles that bubble up out of you:Thank you so very much for sharing and allowing me to glean from you!!!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

dpkennedy said...

These are so sweet! I love the clean and simple look of these!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a cute idea for a card...love how you embossed on half. Congrats to your son.

Mariana (Grushechka) said...

ha - really useful to keep the negatives))) Nice trio!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs