Saturday, May 26, 2012

Graduation Gift Card/Money holders


I needed a few more graduation cards, so I thought I'd make some CAS (clean and simple) gift card holders. These are 2 3/8" x 3 3/4", with a 1" piece folded up on the inside to tuck the gift in. If you're going to put a gift card inside though, make sure the staples are really close to the edge...mine are in too far. Which isn't a big deal since I was going to include cash anyway. I made these the size they are because I have the cutest little envelopes that are 2 1/2" x 4 1/4". These cards fit nicely.

These went together really quickly too. I just stamped the lined paper image, from the Verve set Making a Statement, with Nautical Blue Memento Dye Ink and diecut it with the Rounded Rectangle Die by Verve. The sentiment is from the set Small Celebrations. Lastly, I added a mini-library clip (SU!) and a couple of diecut stars (Spellbinders), and woila. Finished. Wait...I did add a couple of score lines to the top and bottom of the base using my Score-Buddy, and stapled the inside piece.


I had only one girl Graduation card to make this year. Isn't that crazy? Out of 12 graduations, only one girl. WOW! So I decided to make hers different and girly. I used a tutorial that I found on pinterest, by Glenda Calkins, and the little sentiment flag was made using the Verve stamp set Purely Sentimental.


For the inside, I just cut a piece of dp, and punched a border using a Martha Stewart edger punch. I also added a Prima flower, and used some large Magnet discs (Basicgrey) for the top closer which was diecut using the Labels 20 die by Spellbinders.


That's it for today ya'll!! I hope those of you in the states are enjoying Memorial Weekend.
Happy Stamping!!

post signature

________________________________________________________

Kraft Grad Card
Stamps: Small Celebrations, Making a Statement (Verve)
Paper: Kraft and Vintage Cream (PTI), Navy (Bazzill)
Ink: Nautical Blue (Memento), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Rounded Rectangle Die (Verve), Star dies (Spellbinders), Library Clip (SU!), Score-Buddy, Staples

Purse Grad Card
Stamps: Purely Sentimental (Verve)
Paper: What's Up (Basicgrey), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Labels 20 die (Spellbinders), Flower (Prima), Ribbon (American Craft), Large Magnet discs (Basicgrey), Border punch (Martha Stewart), Staples, Tutorial Template (Glenda Calkins)

9 comments:

Marisa said...

These are great, Tosh! Love the colour combo on the first with the little library clip touch and the purse GC holder is adorable.

Barbara said...

thank you for sharing, this is just what I need to do this weekend.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow 12 graduations, they are all great, love the cute purse :)

Runs with Scissors said...

Both are adorable.

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! These are really cute, practical and easy to make. LOVE. Hope things are well for you. Things are great with me. Hugs to you my friend!

Jan Castle said...

Really cute cards.....how sweet of you to make a different card for the girl!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome, Tosh!! I especially love the kraft gift holders for the guys...really awesome CAS design!

Waseem said...

I will try it out and will use this color combo in Gift Card envelopes.

plastic cards printing said...

I had never thought of these mini Gift Card envelopes before

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs