Thursday, May 13, 2010

Your Friendship = icing on the cake


Once again, it's time for a CCEE Stamper's Challenge. This week Frances challenged us to be inspired by a nursery rhyme. I chose Paddycake, Paddycake:

Paddycake, Paddycake, baker's man,

Bake me a cake as fast as you can;


Roll it, pat it, mark it with a B,


Put it in the oven for baby and me.



Well, this card isn't for a baby. I chose to make it for a friend instead. :o)

The beautiful cake image is from the Flourishes set called Let Them Eat Cake. I stamped it with Versamark directly onto the dp Sophie by My Mind's Eye, embossed with Detail Black ep, diecut it with my Spellbinders Rectangle die and sponged around it (while still in the die) with Aged Mahogany (Ranger Distress Ink).

Now, head on over to the CCEE Stamper's Blog to see what the other girls have come up with. Click HERE. We'd love to see what nursery rhyme inspires you too. Just use Mr. Linky at the bottom of the post.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Stamps: Let Them Eat Cake
Paper: Sophie (MME), Black (Prism), PTI
Ink: Versamark, Aged Mahogany
Accessories: Rectangle Nestabilities and Tags (Spellbinders), Detail Black ep, Cloissone Bronze flower (Prima), Flourishes (SU!), Corner Punch (Marvy), Border Punch (MS), Rhinestones, Satin Ribbon (May Arts)

19 comments:

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous card Tosh, perfect for that nursery rhyme

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh Tosh, this is gorgeous! So rich and beautifully embellished!

Gabriela said...

Tosh, I'm absolutely crazy 'bout your card. It's just beautiful! I love it.

Shirley Quarry-wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is just beautiful. Love the colors and the pretty scallops. Great idea using a cake stamp and this nursery rhyme.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Gorgeous card, Tosh! The bronze flower is so beautiful and a perfect accent to your elegant cake.

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunning....and....for once I have the same set.....hmmmm....you have inspired me, cutie

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love your cake! This is so fun and classy, such a cool take on the nursery rhyme Tosh!

Whimsey said...

WOW; what a beautiful card; love the colors and your flower is a gorgeous match!!

Mrs.Ipema said...

My sentiments exactly...you are the icing AND the filling too :)

Rose Ann said...

Your cake is such an elegant one, Tosh...and I love the rich colors!! I love your flower embellishment with the flourishes as well!! Gorgeous!!

Conniecrafter said...

So cool, love the colors and it has a great elegant feel to it!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super delicious GF!!! So elegant and I love how you embellished your card!!! Hugs ~S~

Julie Koerber said...

This is one ritzy looking cake! Love this Tosh!!

Carolyn King said...

That has got to be the most gorgeous cake evah! love the fun inspiration too!

Grace said...

Hi Tosh! Wow this is sooo gorgeous! Love the cake image and the color combo is yummy! Love loive love that flower... colored to perfection!!! I love your style Tosh!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful cake Tosh! love the punched corners and lovely flower on this too!

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous! I love this set, and I sure do love that flower, as well. Beautiful card, Tosh!

kim.mom said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love that sentiment!

Joan Ervin said...

Beautiful colors and design, Todh...love the flower with the flourishes...sooo shabby and totally FABO!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs